Video of ACR X Running at Palm Beach International Raceway

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some video that I shot yesterday when Kumo was testing the ACR X. The crew, Matt, Dick, Jack and Mark were relentless in finding out the perfect tire pressure, tire temperature, spring combo, etc. even logged how many gallons of fuel they put in to the T.

In the end, I was able to get a ride in the Nurburgring ACR, with Kumo at the wheel. I've never headed toward a wall at 160 MPH before. This guy has some brass cajones. Hats off to these special individuals that are making Hisssstory for the rest of us.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRkHER_lS0[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSxa19bPt5g[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZLxm9jbOAE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKJoyUl_vjs[/media]

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Ivan...we dont get to see things like that too often up here where its 20 degrees

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Videos Ivan. Thank you for posting them. Kumo was kind enough to take me for a ride in my Viper on the track Tuesday morning. It was an interesting and informative experience. I had never been a passenger in my car at speed on a road course. Fun stuff. Very different from driving. They are a great bunch of guys. Now we just have to convince Dodge to open up a satellite SRT development office down here.

Last edited:

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting you could bring a handheld camera in the car...becomes a nice "flying projectile" if something were to happen.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although you make a good point about the hand held, if you watch the video carefully, it appears that Kumo was not driving the car at top speed. When he did, the tires were screeching at every corner.

Last edited:

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both cars are here at Sebring as well as the Viper Team we just read your post "Kuno" and I. Come and visit the weather is great and we have 90 cars on the grid for the race today at 1:30 enduro race. It is going to be insane! Tom Francis is here and the X with order forms.

Fun Times!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the posting ---- fun for some of us to see the revamped Moroso course in it's new configuration.

Neat that some of the Florida VCA guys were able to go watch and check out the new Racing Snake!!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both cars are here at Sebring as well as the Viper Team we just read your post "Kuno" and I. Come and visit the weather is great and we have 90 cars on the grid for the race today at 1:30 enduro race. It is going to be insane! Tom Francis is here and the X with order forms.

Fun Times!

Everyone still gonna be there on Sun?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although you make a good point about the hand held, if you watch the video carefully, it appears that Kumo was not driving the car at top speed. When he did, the tires were screechingat evry corner.

Even the best can make a mistake...and even a slow speed shunt can hurt-especially if you get hit with a flying 3 pound projectile.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the best can make a mistake...and even a slow speed shunt can hurt-especially if you get hit with a flying 3 pound projectile.

The camera is a Sony Cybershot Digital Camera that measures 2"x2.5"x.5" and weighs 6oz. It takes decent videos for the purpose that I wanted it for.

Bob's right; I only had it recording for the first lap where it was basically a warm up lap. The car was just unloaded and tires were cold. I shut it down when we were heading into turn 3 where it was unsafe to attempt to hold a camera while he was driving. Kumo was in a full 5 Point harness, and me, well, the usual factory seat belt. It did work flawlessly as I still have all my teeth, doing 165mph-40mph in 3 seconds was a ton of fun! Thanks to Dick Winkles for making it happen.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats weird to see the data acquisition box in the glove conpartment. Why even a glove compartment in a car like this? Would love to see the lap time difference between the X and an ACR with same driver.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats weird to see the data acquisition box in the glove conpartment. Why even a glove compartment in a car like this? Would love to see the lap time difference between the X and an ACR with same driver.

Even the Comp Coupe has a glove box...full of Motec data ports.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The location of the Data Acquistion is not important. The ACR X will not have the Data Acquisition System.

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would love to see the lap time difference between the X and an ACR with same driver.

I had a buddy of mine at Sebring yesterday who said that Kuno put a set of Michelin slicks on a stock ACR and was somewhere around a 2.15 which would make the ACR-X about 6 seconds a lap faster on a 3.7 mile track. Same driver/same tires. I wish I had a little more information on how much time went into setting up the aero and suspension on the stock car.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did not touch the aero at Palm Beach on Tuesday. The front shocks and the air in all four tires were adjusted a little. They also tried out a different set of springs. It did not take much time to do so on each occasion when they did it. Even the spring change out was lightning fast. But keep in mind that the main purpose of the testing at Palm Beach and at Sebring was to develop the final settings the car will be delivered with. They expect everyone who buys the car to then personalize the settings to suit their driving style assuming they race the car. Some like the suspension as stiff as a board. Others, not as stiff. Two known renowned driver's preferences were compared as an example.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a buddy of mine at Sebring yesterday who said that Kuno put a set of Michelin slicks on a stock ACR and was somewhere around a 2.15 which would make the ACR-X about 6 seconds a lap faster on a 3.7 mile track. Same driver/same tires. I wish I had a little more information on how much time went into setting up the aero and suspension on the stock car.

That sounds about right. On PIR's course, it's about 2.25 miles, and Kumo was within about 2-3 seconds, from the ACR tire, compared to the Michlin slick. Sebring has many more turns, plus it's a longer course. (That was when he was in the ACR-X.)

Amazing how these professional drivers are on it evey single time.