Laguna Seca SRT track experience

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just signed up to do the SRT track experience at Laguna Seca 2-5-10 Friday.
Who else? Its $100 off for VCA members

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a postcard in the mail today. Doesn't say they will have Vipers ???

Just Chargers, Challengers, 300s. Whats up with that :dunno::dunno:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there on the 5th too, can't wait! Too bad the Vipers are for the hot laps only!

Here is Maurice's message with sign up info:

Greeting VCA Members,

In case you hadn't heard, the SRT Track Experience is coming to Laguna Seca on Feb 3, 4, and 5th. Here's your chance to test drive SRT vehicles on the track at Laguna Seca. It's also a good "intro to performance driving" class for those who have never driven on the track.

It's an all-day event, where you go through different modules, like the "drag race", "auto cross", and a head-to-head competition on a coned course. Then you get to drive the Challenger/Charger/300 SRT8 vehicles on the track, following an instructor. (The faster your group goes, the faster you go.) There are also hot laps riding with an instructor in the SRT vehicles.

If you've ever wanted to wring out an SRT vehicle and see what it can do, this is a great chance. Think of it as paying for a test drive on the track. Normally, it's $500 for the day (includes breakfast and lunch), but VCA members get a $100 discount, so it's only $400. Non-driving guests are also welcome. You just pay for their meals. They can also go for ride alongs with the instructor. (Invite a non-Viper owner as your guest!)

I'll be there on Friday, Feb 5th, shooting photos for them, so if you sign up, that's a good day to do it.

Registration is at www.drivesrt.com

And hopefully, the rain will have stopped by then! Laguna Seca is one of the world's best tracks to drive on with its elevation changes and winding road course. Don't miss this great opportunity. You get to use their brakes, their tires, their gas, and their cars! :) It's a fun event. I've been through this 3 times.

Best wishes,

Maurice Liang
President
Viper Club of America
Northern California Region

Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question...how were you contacted by Maurice, postcard or email and when were you contacted? I haven't received a post card either:dunno:

Cheers,
George

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi George, I got the email from Maurice on Viper-Announce on the 20th. I don't recall seeing the postcard. Not to say that I didn't get it. Sometimes that familly forgets to tell me when the funstuff comes in the mail.I just found my Winter issue of the Viper Magazine Friday.

Ken

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe it got sent to my spam folder and I missed it...

I'll get ahold of the SRTdrive guys tomorrow and see what's still available. I'd like to do the event if possible.

Cheers,
George

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ratical2,

I can't do Friday as I'm leaving for a tradeshow, so it will have to be Thursdays event.

Did they mention to you that you can invite a guest for $250.00 to drive? That seemed like a pretty good deal, I wonder if the early track schedule has people not signing up due to possible rain, etc.

Maybe you can sign up as my guest on Thurday and do two days back to back :2tu:

I think Canyon707 is going to come down with me as my guest too.

Cheers,
George

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry that I am going to miss you. Friday is the only day I can make it. Good luck with your show!

Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs