New member question?

MidwestSRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi my name is Steve, I live in ks. We own a 05 srt-10 conv. When the car is cold a runs awsome. After it warms up there is a noticable power loss. The car is 100% stock. Do you have any explinations why this occurs and what the best way to fix it. Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
M

MidwestSRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many miles on the car? Daily driver?

16k miles, not a daily driver. It does get driven alot when the weather is permitting. This is not a new problem, we have noticed this since it was new. We were wondering if it was something in the computer that causes it to loss power when it get warmed up.

OP
OP
M

MidwestSRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense, but it took 5 years for this to bother you enough to ask about it? You are a patient man!;)

I might have asked about it before the warranty ran out!

My dad drives it most of the time. We just thought it was in the computer and planned to eventually get it tuned. I was just wondering if it was ours or if other notice this same thing.

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 04 Srt is noticeably quicker when the temps outside are colder. I just chalked it up to more O2 in the air, but your computer question might be a valid line of thought.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, when the car reads high intake air temperature, it dumps in more fuel, thus lowering output. Or at least this is how I remember it being explained.

I found this condition quite noticable as well, which is why I bought an SCT programmer from Roe Racing along with a 170 degree thermostat.

This is supposed to cure the issue, but I cannot confirm, as the parts arrived at the end of the season here, so they're not installed yet.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The 05 / 06 cars have knock sensors and much less aggressive tuning. When warm, timing can be pulled.

You need to have DC send you a "tuned" computer or send you computer to them and have it tuned.

You also need to run the best gas available.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62