Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
MODS: PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY!

First, let me say this;

DO NOT REPLY IN THIS THREAD!!!
If you want something added, PM me.

This thread is being made for you guys who own Pro-Racer software, and want to do your own tuning. I will be posting tutorials as well as screen shots to help you guys understand how this software works.

I will be adding to this thread as time goes on, but I DO NOT want this thread to be convoluted with questions and other information. If you want something added to this thread, SEND ME A PM, and I will get it added as soon as I can.

Onto the Basics!

When you receive your Pro-Racer Package, you must do the following first!

-SIGN your Paperwork and FAX to SCT, 24-48 Hours later, your USB Key/Dongle is activated.
-Install your SCT Software & Drivers
-Plug in your USB Key/Dongle
-Under your Start Menu on Windows Desktop, find SCT, and then run the Update Client.
-Allow the Update Client to finish, and then close the program and run it again. Keep doing this until it either no longer updates, or it keeps updating the same item over and over. Your software is now up to date, and your Processor Code has been added to your SCT Software.

ITEMS NEEDED:
-Pro-Racer Package w/Software CD and Dongle [USB Key]
-SCT Chrysler/DCX Flash Tool
-USB A-B Cable [Simple Printer Cable]
[Recommended] Logging Software such as PCMSCAN by Palmer Performance
[Recommended] Wideband A/F Meter such as LM1, LC1, or LM2 by Innovate Motorsports

OPENING YOUR SOFTWARE:
-Open the SCT Software, and then type in your Processor Code, or open an existing file that you have already created, or may have been e-mailed to you as an .mtf file.
-You are now looking at your PCM program. If you created a new file, you are looking at a STOCK file, as it would have come from the factory. If you are looking at an existing file, it may be edited, and you can view the changes by looking at the "history" tab at the bottom of the screen.
-Items to be edited are along the left hand column, and can be selected and expanded to view more items under their respective categories.

Loading a Tune into your Flash Tool/Car:

If you get ANY kind of error, START OVER, even if it lets you continue!
-Connect Flash Tool via USB A-B Cable to your computer after you open your software.
-Open the file you wish to upload, or SAVE AS the file you are currently writing and wish to upload, just in case of an error where it may be lost.
-At the top of the page, TOOLS-->PROGRAM-->XCALIBRATOR2
-Select the slot you wish to upload a new tune into, or replace an old tune in.
-Select the tune you wish to upload [as you can have more than one tune open at a time]
-Name the tune.
-PROGRAM WITHOUT OPTIONS, allow the upload to finish.
-Close upload tool, and disconnect the Flash Tool from the computer.
-Plug the flash tool into your car, and follow the on-screen instructions for changing the tune files. NOTE: The "Downloaded Stock Tune" in the Flash Tool CANNOT be viewed, it is only for the "Return to Stock" feature. The Flash Tool is a one way device, so make sure you keep your tune files backed up on your computer!

These are the basics, next we will get into the basics of editing the tune program itself!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Category Name: 2-3 Lockout
Function: Editing the Skip Shift Feature

To Enable or Disable the Skip Shift, change the "Min MPH for 2-3 Lockout" value from 3 MPH to 100 MPH. To Enable, reload the value from the base file, or change the value back to 3 MPH.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Category Name: Adaptive Learning
Function: Changing the parameters for having the PCM update its Long Term Fuel Trims. This is commonly done during tuning to allow the Short Term Trims to more easily be read while writing new base fuel maps in Closed Loop, without being skewed by the saved values in the Long Term Trims. Also useful on some Cammed cars where overlap causes certain mid-RPM ranges to skew long term trims.

To Disable the PCM Long Term Adaptive Update, simply change the RPM to a value at least 100 RPM below your idle speed. Also, you can change the RPM to a value less than the range where your Cammed car may skew the trims, and it will retain its function otherwise. Update will be disabled above the RPM value, and enabled below it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Category Name: AE Fuel
Function: This function is Acceleration Enrichment Fuel. This is the extra fuel that is injected based on the change in throttle position, in order to prevent a short lean duration as the Manifold Pressure changes and the computer updates its fuel routine in response to increased pedal position and power demand. This enrichment is instantaneous, and does expire once it occurs. In short, if this parameter is too lean, your throttle response will be poor.

Note: This item is one that needs to be scaled when changing injector size.

The scaler table shows the items which enable or disable this routine. In order for the enrichment to occur, the MAP pressure must deviate a certain amount, as well as the pedal position voltage. You can increase the values to cause the enrichment to become more difficult to enable, or vice versa.

attachment.php

If you would like to change the AMOUNT of fuel enrichment, change or scale for injector size on "AE Fuel for Delta TP", "Closed Throttle Map AE Fuel", and "Open Throttle Map AE Fuel"

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 501
Last edited: