This might be it! South Carolina Members lend a hand?

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 330398940107 end time Feb-01-10 13:40:01 PST)

I've been in communication with this guy and am leaning towards the next step of going to take a look at it.

A few things, The decals on the dash are going to have to go with no markings left behind. I was looking at the exhaust and it appears a little off. That's sticking out too much to be a stock exhaust, no? The wing... well, we'll see how I feel about it. And the mileage is a huge thought for me. Is there anything to worry about more on these cars at high mileage than any other car?? I'm excited. I was going to take a trip snowboarding this weekend but I wouldn't object to going someplace warmer. :D Pro: The price seems awesome, and I saw a Viper today and drooled. I want that feeling EVERYDAY.

Lastly, is there anyone from South Carolina near the charleston area that wouldn't mind messaging me and stopping by if possible?

Thanks guys!
Justin.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great and I think you've noticed some minor concerns. Forgetting the "look" of dash decals, they are especially dangerous if ever the airbag is deployed. Can't think of anything I'd enjoy more than being a passenger in a front end collision .... except a front end collision that included having a Viper emblem implanted in my face!

Don't be too concerned with the mileage unless you plan to park the car in your garage for some fantasy resale. If you plan to drive the car, you're probably better off with a high mileage car than a 4 year old car that 1/4 seized.

Good luck!

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin,

I Hope you get in a car soon. Believe me, it's like a dream come true! It'll be great to add another Viper to the Northern VA community!

I know you've been looking for awhile. Best of luck!

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like I keep saying "oh this is it" or "i finally found it" but if any of you can blame me for being picky, :p on you!

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That seems so cheap! most gen2 are that much,If you get it and dont like it for any resond I would think you could sell it pretty easy.Good Luck!

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it looks unanimous and I trust you guys. All I have to do is find someone in South Carolina to help me out, money's being procurred.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NoVa,
Where's the car, exactly? The ad says Columbia, but that phone # has an area code for the southern/coastal part of SC.

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is so underrated! There was a black gen 3 (i think) vert in chantilly today. What a beautiful car!

Wild, I'm trying to get that information from the seller. I'll keep ya up to date.

Edit: The car is in columbia and the car is available to be seen most night after 5.

Last edited:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Columbia all the time...but it looks like WILDASP is close as well.

Side note...WILDASP: We need to meet up sometime!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wing looks ugly.
Exhaust tips sticks out = aftermarket.
Old tires?
Whoever put the Viper signs on the dash board is a .... please fill in any 4 letter word you know ...make sure you have the car on a lift and check out the underside!

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exhaust wouldn't bother me, dash decals would. I'm not a "wing man" but that one isn't that objectionable (I think it's the black color-it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb the way it would in another color or with stripes). That generation Viper is the most "user friendly" as a daily driver. She should have a ton of miles left in her. Relatively fresh tires a must. Have a Viper tech. say grace over her. Good Luck and have a ball.:2tu:

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the VHR on the ebay and it looks odd. 67k miles and there's nothing on it since 4 miles. Can anyone else look at a report for VIN:1B3JZ69Z36V100847 and see any more information about it?

Thanks!! I can't wait to be a member.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a 03 silver with a 32k opening bid or buy it now for 34k on ebay you should look at, it seems almost free.

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, special thanks goes out to Bill (wildasp) for taking a look at the car and giving me tons of valuable information on Vipers.

Looks like someone reached out and bought the car out from underneath me. I can't complain too much, he was on a timeline that I couldn't meet. There will always be another car out there, and I still have the funds sooooo... who's up for the next round.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how did the car check out?
The car looked really good, inside and out; had been garage-kept, and apparently very well taken care of. Previous owner in FL apparently put most of the mileage on it. Engine sounded good, driveline smooth, no squeaks or rattles. I've seen cars with half the mileage that didn't look as good.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW sounds like a steal for sure for someone buying it to drive it and enjoy it. Maybe I should have jumped on her myself. Of course I am still waiting on my title to come in so I can settle with insurance on mine:(.

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this odd... The same car was posted in the same city by a user with a score of 0. What am I missing here people? I was told the reason I couldn't buy the car was because it was sold to a guy in Jersey.

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 250597127272 end time Mar-21-10 13:55:00 PDT)

Can someone email this individual for me and just put a feeler out there?? If it's the same guy, I wonder why he's using a different name, else, I wonder if this is a scam now. I'd buy this car in a quick minute if it was real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper