New owner of a 95 R/T intro

JOHNT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,
Just wanted to introduce myself before jumping in with all kinds of questions and comments, my name is John, I've been a mopar
car owner my entire life, I have one of my favoriteS from each decade starting with 1970, (a 70 challenger R/T /S/E), the viper I
got to complete my collection is a 95 last 300 side exhaust, it looks good but will need some TLC, I plan to redo the entire car, to replace or repair any previous damage, or hacking, so, I guess my first question would be , do these seats in the car move?, drivers side goes about 2" , passenger side doesn;t move at all?
:confused:

I'm not sure how to attach pics yet!!

thanks for any help

John

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy John,

Welcome aboard .... yes, the seats should move. Haven't measured the distance, but they both should move fairly easily. There should also be a ball pump attached to them by the center console for lumbar support.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like somebody did some fancy fixn' on the seats. Maybe a lowering kit? ... Yes, they should both move... I think the passenger seat may even have a longer slide adjustment than the drivers side if I remember right.

My last viper was a '95 (sold, 5/07...wish I kept it as I have a '94 now!!) '95s a great car and the best of the gen 1s IMO. So where's the pics?? We like pics around here!!

=J

OP
OP
J

JOHNT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like somebody did some fancy fixn' on the seats. Maybe a lowering kit? ... Yes, they should both move... I think the passenger seat may even have a longer slide adjustment than the drivers side if I remember right.

My last viper was a '95 (sold, 5/07...wish I kept it as I have a '94 now!!) '95s a great car and the best of the gen 1s IMO. So where's the pics?? We like pics around here!!

=J

I didn't take any pictures myself yet since the car was only delivered on sunday, but this is the link to the car from the classified section:
ONE OF THE LAST 300 GEN 1 - ViperClub Classifieds
I talked back and forth with the owner for a few months until I finally convinced my wife that we needed to get one of these,
so I've been going over the car and have about 20 things I'd like to fix, It was great that I got the service manual with the car since it seems to give pretty detailed repair instructions,
I'm hoping to get the seats working properly, make the fog lights work and get a wiper motor module this week, I will probably ask lots of questions but thats the best way to learn!!
great forum hope to join a local club soon

john

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats John, looks like you got a good deal. I would recommend you become a VCA member. Where are you located?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, welcome to the family, where abouts are you located in PA, I can most likely hook you up with a member close by to help answer questions for you, as we have several members in PA that have pretty much rebuilt there cars from the ground up...I know three for sure. Give me a call and I can help you out
Carmen
717-213-0399:drive:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome John! :2tu:

Yes the right seat does NOT move from the factory!! If you want it to work, you'll have to remove a tab that is bent over locking the seat track in place. R&R the seat, you'll see the tab.

Take Carmen up on his offer! Your also welcome to give me a call anytime. :cool:
914-763-3136

New DVD: Viper World

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome !!! read as much as you can on this web site and learn a lot. The Wizard( Chuck Tator) is the guru of vipers. give him a call if you need anything. 914-763-3136

OP
OP
J

JOHNT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, welcome to the family, where abouts are you located in PA, I can most likely hook you up with a member close by to help answer questions for you, as we have several members in PA that have pretty much rebuilt there cars from the ground up...I know three for sure. Give me a call and I can help you out
Carmen
717-213-0399:drive:

Thanks for all the kind words, I am in Sweet Valley near Kingston, Pa., I will certainly get it touch with you about joining the local chapter, this is a very tight knit group of car owners indeed.
The reply about the passenger seat was right on as I had noticed that the tabs in the front of the rail were bent over, but I thought someone might have put the rails on backwards, I
have learned over the years not to question why dodge does the things they do!
Still working on making the car drivable for my wife , she's about 5'6" and is struggling to get the clutch far enough down to start the car. I read the posts about removing rivets to get more forward movement of the seat, haven't decided if I'll try that.
I am looking forward to springtime driving, and hopefully contributing to the forums.

john

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome John. You've got a great car and will have a lot of fun driving and working on it. My wife has the same height problem as yours and we have a 94. What I do is adjust the drivers seat back as straight up as you can get it with the small handle on the left front of the cushion and then get a small pillow to put behind her back. This makes a heckuva difference and she can comfortably drive. My wife hasn't really driven much out of a parking lot yet because she's afraid of the car. She's usually down on the floor cowering and screaming when I show her what the car is supposed to do. She'd rather sit and look out the windshield if she's not clutching and grabbing for a floor mat. :lmao:
Car is a blast. Had lots of muscle cars over the years but the Viper had always been a dream. Respect the torque. Have fun.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome John! :2tu:

Yes the right seat does NOT move from the factory!! If you want it to work, you'll have to remove a tab that is bent over locking the seat track in place. R&R the seat, you'll see the tab.

Take Carmen up on his offer! Your also welcome to give me a call anytime. :cool:
914-763-3136

OOPS! Once again I stand corrected by the Wizard. Foot in mouth again! I'm unfortunately becomming known for it. I do recall bending that little tab back on my '95 a 30 second job done many years ago.

That's a great car you have there. I had my '95 for 5 years and regreted selling it so much that I went out and found another!

Enjoy!

OP
OP
J

JOHNT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOPS! Once again I stand corrected by the Wizard. Foot in mouth again! I'm unfortunately becomming known for it. I do recall bending that little tab back on my '95 a 30 second job done many years ago.

That's a great car you have there. I had my '95 for 5 years and regreted selling it so much that I went out and found another!

Enjoy!

Any advice at this point of ownership is really appreiciated, so many responses at least allow you to try things, the Wizard is the man! PEOPLE OUT MY WAY CHARGE FOR THAT KIND OF INFO!any way I'm going to make a small post in the r/t discussion area, because my fog lights didn't work + the high beams didn't stay on + the chimes didn't work, and it was just like an old post said "check # 7 fuse" I was blown away , simple fix more time to check out the car!!!!
I am so proud to be a part of this group of outstanding indivduals

john

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another John in PA with a 95? Awesome, welcome! Make sure to check the VCA/VA/PA club.. spring is coming and would look forward to meeting.

Congrats,
John

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcom JohnT!!! Congrats on the new RT!

...now, what's your favorite Mopar in your collection from the `8s?

Morbid curiosity...

OP
OP
J

JOHNT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcom JohnT!!! Congrats on the new RT!

...now, what's your favorite Mopar in your collection from the `8s?

Morbid curiosity...

Thanks,
I have my 88 daytona with t-tops, 1st car I ever bought brand new, it was the only sporty mopar available during the dark k-car years, I semi restored it some years back for my daughter to drive, she moved up to stratus r/t, so the daytona is covered up behind the garage, with 6 different dodge cars and only a 3 car garage, something had to go, space is certainly at a premium, but I thing the only car that could push that viper out would be a 69 daytona, but that won't happen in my lifetime, not with a 300k pricetag!
Also in response to the previous post about PA VIPER CLUB, I did notice there are quite a few eventS to go to, I know i couldn't make lots of them but I am looking forward to meeting some local viper owners come springtime.

John

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still working on making the car drivable for my wife , she's about 5'6" and is struggling to get the clutch far enough down to start the car.

john

congrats on getting your viper. if you do the cable mod, please post your impressions of the process and results,

(since you are a new owner, i'll ask) you know the pedal cluster moves fore and aft. :dunno: that along seat adjustments should work out

:drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought and modded an 88 Shelby T top Daytona. 400hp was tooo much, donated it to a highschool drag program.

Also have a couple 85 (Turbo'd)Shelby Chargers, a customized/modified 84 Turbo Daytona and a 93 Daytona IROC R/T (1 of 432) with the Lotus DOHC. Also have 3 Stealth R/T TTs and a 440 Duster, plus some project cars.

Mopar man all my life. Bought a couple GMs (they were really bad experiences) a couple fords (adequate) and a few AMCs just so that I could have an intelligent, informed opinion. 24 cars in yard - all Dodge.

Welcome.

Ted

Viper 95 Kim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome John, great car green /tan rocks, dont ever get rid of it. I love my red/tan Gen I. Got a set of H wheels on it now.

Attachments

• 100_0685.jpg
    100_0685.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Viper II &  III 008.jpg
    Viper II & III 008.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Great choice in Viper you have there. I love my 95 and don't think I will ever get rid of it.

I am very familiar with the Gen I vipers. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email and at [email protected].

Hope to see you around at one of the events.

Ed