New Battery

Tcallaway

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just changed the battery and wont start. It won't even turn over, no lights nothing, completely dead. However, with jumper cables it will turnover and almost start. Any ideas? I need help, its a 1994 with only 2400 miles. Let me know, thanks. TC

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Above ideas on target...be sure to recheck the battery connectors on your cables for corrosion and or sepatation from the cable.

If you get to the point where it "cranks" and still does not start, call me.

john srt 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T.C.

Sounds like a defective battery. With a DVOM ( digital volt ohm meter ) check battery voltage ( dc ) should be appro. 12.5 volts if not try charging battery. If its an Interstate battery just get your money back and by an A/C Delco. you'll be happy you did.

John

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T.C.

Sounds like a defective battery. With a DVOM ( digital volt ohm meter ) check battery voltage ( dc ) should be appro. 12.5 volts if not try charging battery. If its an Interstate battery just get your money back and by an A/C Delco. you'll be happy you did.

John

John,
Do you find that the AC Delco branded batteries made by the Johnson Controls is built to a higher standard than the Interstate branded batteries that they produce? I've usually heard that the Interstate brand was one of the better value batteries.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks OP. I too have a completely dead battery from storage without a battery tender (almost killed a CTS trying to jump the car :lol: ).

Anyways, after some research on vca I couldn't find much information on people running braille batteries. All that I could find is that a few people run them. I am trying to find out what model people are running. Does anybody know which one would be the best option for a mostly stock car.

Nick

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found some good information in regards to batteries through a few hours of searching and will post up a compilation later in the general forum.

Nick

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
Do you find that the AC Delco branded batteries made by the Johnson Controls is built to a higher standard than the Interstate branded batteries that they produce? I've usually heard that the Interstate brand was one of the better value batteries.

+1, i'd like to hear his response to that. I use Interstate with no prob at all. Just make sure with any battery you buy that it hasnt been sitting in storage for too long. Last one i got they pulled out all dusty with an 8month old date on her. I said, your gonna have to test that infont of me before i walk outa here. They tested it(not with a voltmeter, but with a device that measures AH's&CCA's(the true test of a batteries life)) It was bad. Then they pulled out a clean 2month old one, it tested fine. done deal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth