My Creampuff NA Build

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Plumcrazy & Greg Good Are a....

TONY....

Stop posting and get building!!!!!!!!:2tu::headbang:

Nice upgrades with some good results i'm sure...

Did you have to bribe Plum with deviled eggs LOL:lmao:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck Tony, hope you can join us on some runs soon.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All this beautiful weather is driving me nuts. Can't wait to get out there soon.

What I wanna know is how it can drive you nuts when you already were nuts to begin with:eater:

*runs and hides FAST*

I agree on the radiator stop comment. A bottle with that contains fluid and a paste/sand/grit kind of substance. Looks like a great project, have fun with it and may the results be satisfactory :2tu:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Silly question, being I'm strongly considering doing the exact same thing to my car. Will the stock fuel system still enough to support these mods, and what are you using for a tune?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In speaking with Greg Good and others the stock system will be suitable for my mods but it will be max'd out. As for tuning, I'm doing an SCT tune.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

stock fuel system "should be good to about 600rwhp or so.

adding a real fuel system is not a bad idea though.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony, its all about SAVING money. if you dont get the nicey, nice fuel system, you can potentially hurt the engine costing you LOTS more money down the road.....

guess i need to talk to her again huh ?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony, its all about SAVING money. if you dont get the nicey, nice fuel system, you can potentially hurt the engine costing you LOTS more money down the road.....

guess i need to talk to her again huh ?

It's not about spending more money, I get it. I think for what I'm targeting 550rwhp, the stock fuel system should be fine but I guess a little more research on fuel systems can't hurt. ;)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll keep Tony talking Plum, And you go have a word...........

Sean now does an upgraded fuel system as well running2x 255's.. One just turned for the matte black viper....

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Good luck with your build. You can't go wrong with a good heads/cam package from Greg.

As for the fuel system, you may or may not be max'd out on fuel, depending on your specs/tune. I left a few hp on the table (maybe 5-10rwhp) with my GG heads/cam set-up as I started to max mine out on the top end as we shot for the 600rwhp mark. Instead of spending the money for new fuel system, I just had mine tuned to accommodate the limitation....just not enough upside to justify the expense for me. Ended up with 592rwhp/584rwtq. If at some point I decide I have to have a few more horses, I will go ahead and have my intake ported and upgrade my fuel to take advantage of those gains.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck with your build. You can't go wrong with a good heads/cam package from Greg.

As for the fuel system, you may or may not be max'd out on fuel, depending on your specs/tune. I left a few hp on the table (maybe 5-10rwhp) with my GG heads/cam set-up as I started to max mine out on the top end as we shot for the 600rwhp mark. Instead of spending the money for new fuel system, I just had mine tuned to accommodate the limitation....just not enough upside to justify the expense for me. Ended up with 592rwhp/584rwtq. If at some point I decide I have to have a few more horses, I will go ahead and have my intake ported and upgrade my fuel to take advantage of those gains.

Thanks and I agree with your logic. I'm in the same mindset. If I hit your numbers I'll be thrilled but I'm not worried about the stock fuel system. Like yourself, I will most likely tune to accommodate the top end fuel system limitation. I'm not looking to get a better ET just a little more fun in Mexico and on the track. :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Banton -

Those were/are some awesome heads. Greg really outdid himself on those. If I recall correctly the stock casting flow as well a set of Striker heads. Not bad at all!

JD

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Joseph. In one coolant passage, the grit was a greyish paste. On the other side it was pure sand/grit. Anyway, thanks for the various tips you've posted here throughout the years. A wealth of information can be had via search. :2tu:

I'm certain I found the source of this goo...my water pump went last fall and Ken's pic here that shows the goo leaking from the water pump impeller seems to be the culprit: http://forums.viperclub.org/2836630-post12.html

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Banton -

Those were/are some awesome heads. Greg really outdid himself on those. If I recall correctly the stock casting flow as well a set of Striker heads. Not bad at all!

JD

Hi JD,

Yes, they are a very nice set of heads and the flow figures were very strong as evidenced by the solid mustang dyno figures....but you kinda had an idea of what I would be getting :rolaugh:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got some flow numbers on my heads from Greg Good this morning. 315cfm Intake, 230cfm Exhaust. :headbang: I should have everything delivered by the weekend. Can't wait to get it all put back together.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

way to go greg good !

youre gonna be happy with it tony.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As he not built that yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on CHOP CHOP LOL!!!!!!!

Take your time and do it right......

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heads are on the way! A few pics of the heads from the man himself, Greg Good:

ViperTony_001.jpg

ViperTony_002.jpg

ViperTony_003.jpg

ViperTony_004.jpg

ViperTony_005.jpg

ViperTony_006.jpg

ViperTony_007.jpg

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck with your build Tony.

Bet you can't wait to hear and drive it...

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome looking work. And to think that was done by hand.

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Very nice. Make sure you are well hydrated before you go on your first drive or you will likely experience extreme cramping from the huge smile you'll have on your face:D

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome looking work. And to think that was done by hand.

I can't say enough great things about Greg Good. This man is incredible with his work, quality, advice and all-around just good people. FedEx just showed up with the cam...gotta go check it out. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950