My Creampuff NA Build

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any update with your final HP and TQ numbers?

No update. Been too busy to find a day off and complete the tuning. I did stop by a local dyno facility in Aug and did a pull. Came out around 560ish but a little rich. I wish Todd @ AC Performance would move to CT and tune my Viper while I'm at work, LOL.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to give Greg some more of my money and have my intake ported before I do the final tuning. No, I have not tuned since the last time I posted about it so don't ask me. Thanks. I removed the intake this morning and snapped a couple of pics of the beautiful work Greg did on my heads. Notice the oil residue, this was before I installed my breather system. They look as if they just arrived from Greg yesterday. Shiny!

You must be registered for see images attach

Also installing the screamin' demon coil packs and pondering whether or not to add 2 more mufflers (Dynomax Race Bullets) to my Belanger setup. As much as I love how loud my exhaust is I'm losing my hearing. Not sure how much, if any, these race bullets will quiet down the exhause but if it's 1 decible I'll do it! Also considering wrapping my headers ala EllowViper. Trying to get all of this done before TatorToga in a few weeks. Will post pics/progress.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuff some spiral flows in under your side sills. Makes a world of difference and sounds 'just right'....I actually just took off my Corsa resonators (they basically sit right in front of the rear wheels) and replaced them with a spiral flow and just in front of that, I put a 12" dynomax bullet off the header turnout. The spiral flows work a bit better than the straight through resonators (when I peered inside the Corsa resonators, they were basically a straight through design). I had also put some new hi flow cats under there as well, but took them back out since they were getting sooo hot that the paint on the side sills started to smoke and turn brown. I guess they just they can't keep up with the amount of flow I'm pumping now.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Ellow. Years ago, I obtained a set of Dynomax mufflers from a member here for next to nothing. Looking through them, yep, straight-through design with perforations on the inside metal. Will look into the spiral flows. Thanks.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my ported intake back from Greg Good today. I practically ripped the arms off of the FedEx delivery man when he handed me the box, LOL. It felt like xmas morning! :D

This is just too darn sexxy to install....

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a fully automated delivery truck in that FedEx delivery man's future with a toe-operated extendable package delivery ramp :D

Can't wait to see it mounted and what the tuning results will be.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intake is mounted everything put back together except the exhaust. While I had the intake off, I decided to add two extra bullet mufflers to my Belanger catback (sorta like the old style 4-muffler version Lou once offered). Reason I decided to do this is because I've had these bullet mufflers for years (Lou gave them to me when a vendor stiffed me on the 4 muffler version, long story). Anyway, it's a bit loud and I love it but I'm trying to take a little edge off. I love loud but my hearing is going and I've gotten flagged on the track for noise. Bah. These Dynomax bullet mufflers don't do much, they're pretty much straight pipe but I think they contribute to the deep Belanger sound and (advertise) they reduce the noise about 4db.

Since this is THE last time I'm messing with the exhaust, I decided to take a que from Dave and paint my exhaust with VHT paint. This is not for heat but rather protection. Finally got around to painting today:

Now I need to clean and prep the rest of exhaust (rear-end) for paint over the next day or two. I decided not to wrap my headers. I should be firing up the Viper this coming weekend and spending next week logging/tuning on the road before I hit the Dyno. I'm using PCMSCAN for data logging and I'll post the logs before/after tuning. I'm hoping I can use Chris from DC Performance who did a phenominal job tuning a local Viper owners' setup similar to mine.

Then I have a bit of detailing to do....my side sills after two track days...I love my PS2's except when they sling track rubber all over the place :crazy2::

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very interested in the ported intake Greg has my heads right now and my build will be very close to yours so I want to see what the ported intake is worth.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AFR during WOT is between is between 9 and 11 AFR. No update on tuning. I was working with a tuner in July who set me up with all the necessary data logging he needed to begin tuning remotely. But then he disappeared. Tator has been using a new tuner in NY somewhere and I may look into that soon. This **** with tuners is getting old.

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ViperTony just read through your build and listen to your videos. Your car sounds amazing! Did you ever get your tune straighten out? If you did would love to see a dyno chart for your car to see the power made across the board. Lots of ideas and inspiration for my car, from this build.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperTony just read through your build and listen to your videos. Your car sounds amazing! Did you ever get your tune straighten out? If you did would love to see a dyno chart for your car to see the power made across the board. Lots of ideas and inspiration for my car, from this build.

Nope, never got to finish the tune. Myself and another local Viper owner are going to fly in a tuner this spring and get it done right. We both have the same setup. It's runs incredibly and is so much fun though. If you're thinking about going this route talk to Greg Good. Definitely worth the call.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old thread but... fly in a tuner.... was hard to pass up.

Wouldn't it be better to still remote tune with any of the "Top 3" tuners mentioned in this thread? When you fly in a guy, he is going to be dealing with having to get the job done when he is there - and if any complications arise what are the logistics/cost of that?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper