Question on car in classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 Viper GTS ACR - ViperClub Classifieds

Does anyone think this is beyond a steal if it is no stories? I do notice a huge hood gap; maybe the hood is not shut properly? But a 2000 steel grey gts acr with 20k in upgrades for that price? Anyone know about this car?

beyond a steal?? I know of a 5,000 mile, all original 2002 bumble bee that just sold for $35,000. How is this beyond a steal.. ? I think low $30's would move it. Market for these Gen.2 cars is dead.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it!

It really does need stripes though.

Ted

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
beyond a steal?? I know of a 5,000 mile, all original 2002 bumble bee that just sold for $35,000. How is this beyond a steal.. ? I think low $30's would move it. Market for these Gen.2 cars is dead.

Your point? That is a steal as well. Even though it's a 2000; it's still an ACR which makes it more collectable/rare. Mods are a preference but those are outstanding mods. if you are going to tell me that the only cars being sold are in the low 30's on GTS's... I don't buy it. People ARE paying 40's for clean cars. Deals are out there in higher frequency than before and I was just making note of what looks to be an outstanding deal posted here on the forums. Not many cars like that for that price on here.

But to answer your question why is it a steal?
1. Desirable Color
2. GTS ACR
3. Great mods
4. What is described as meticulous maintenance

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your point? That is a steal as well. Even though it's a 2000; it's still an ACR which makes it more collectable/rare. Mods are a preference but those are outstanding mods. if you are going to tell me that the only cars being sold are in the low 30's on GTS's... I don't buy it. People ARE paying 40's for clean cars. Deals are out there in higher frequency than before and I was just making note of what looks to be an outstanding deal posted here on the forums. Not many cars like that for that price on here.

But to answer your question why is it a steal?
1. Desirable Color
2. GTS ACR
3. Great mods
4. What is described as meticulous maintenance

My point? You understand the concept of market value and market pricing, correct?
If a 5,000 mile, (highly desirable color combo as well) car is worth $35k. Then this car (with 4+ times the mileage) is worth ??

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not going to turn this into a back and forth if you have further reply than just PM me. Yes I know econ 101. In my opinion, I don't base market value or pricing based on one example of a car that sold for 35k. I haven't seen many 5k mile 2002 cars sell for 35k; even in this economy so I don't think that constitutes market value and market pricing. As it would be just as fallacious to just note the rt/10 that sold on barrett jacking for nealry 70k. Now if you told me that the average car is being sold for 35k with those miles, conditions, etc then I would probably tend to agree that this car is not the "steal" that I thought. Nonetheless, this looks like an outstanding deal to me.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 Viper GTS ACR - ViperClub Classifieds

Does anyone think this is beyond a steal if it is no stories? I do notice a huge hood gap; maybe the hood is not shut properly? But a 2000 steel grey gts acr with 20k in upgrades for that price? Anyone know about this car?

Don't consider it a steal.

I personally do not prefer yr 2000 for a Viper, but the fact that it is an ACR appeals to me, JMHO.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was always thought of as the "forgotten" year. No forged internals (one year too late) and no ABS (one year too early). That said it IS an ACR and does have some nice mods. Looks like a great deal to me if you like the color.

Ron

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have looked at all the comments on my ACR and I can assure you that it has absolutely no issues. Gap in hood is only because I think I did not have it properly shut in picture plus it does need a small adjustment. If you are seriously interested, please call Sean Roe at 904-230-5422 for his opinion. Sean has called this one of the 2 or 3 best Vipers for fit, tightness, and finish that he has ever seen. I have some room to negotiate price, but the car is in unbelievable condition. Call me at 904-476-4077.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks like a great deal to me...i would think if someone wanted all the work done that this one has its a killer deal. :drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally id trust seans opinion on the car. call him and see what he says. he obviously knows the car.

2000 had no ABS and no forged internals = odd (not bad, just odd) and not as desirable

PittsS2B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't consider it a steal.

I personally do not prefer yr 2000 for a Viper, but the fact that it is an ACR appeals to me, JMHO.

Hell of a thing for a moderator on this forum to dis any viper, thanks for making us yr 2000 owners feel special.:rolleyes:

I am going to call you out on this one.....Do you know that Wanted has the fastest 1/4 mile time ever recorded for any gen I or II stock viper with a yr 2000 (creampuff) model? :tz:

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As I stated in the ad, I have just replaced the tires, rotors, ceramic brakes, clutch, master cylinder, slave cylinder, deep cell battery, and power steering pulley. I wanted the car to be as perfect and trouble free as possible. These items cost approximately $4,500. With these repairs and $20,000 in mods all done by Sean Roe, this is a hell of a car.

Ken

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell of a thing for a moderator on this forum to dis any viper, thanks for making us yr 2000 owners feel special.:rolleyes:

I am going to call you out on this one.....Do you know that Wanted has the fastest 1/4 mile time ever recorded for any gen I or II stock viper with a yr 2000 (creampuff) model? :tz:

dont get your ******* all bunched. im dis'ing them too. not really, just stating facts.

year doesnt mean its slower.

PittsS2B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont get your ******* all bunched. im dis'ing them too. not really, just stating facts.

year doesnt mean its slower.

My ******* are not all bunched and YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR, so I was not talking to you, or ever mentioned your 'facts', so

'please refrain from profanity, thank you.'

Last edited by a moderator:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm fairly certain that moderators are allowed to have opinions ;). It didn't sound like she dissed it to me...the thread asked for opinions...and opinions have been given.

PittsS2B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ******* are not all bunched and YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR, so I was not talking to you, or ever mentioned your 'facts', so

'please refrain from profanity, thank you.'

No need to begin a discussion of the definition of profanity. Your INTENT was to be profane and we will do without such on this site. Why not inspire use with your profanity avoiding eloquence? We'd all be far more impressed.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's with all the hating here? The thread author asks for opinions on whether a car listed in our classifieds is "beyond a steal". Folks post their opinions and some don't like to read them? :rolleyes:

Seriously, some of you need to get a grip and realize where you are. Internet forum ... heard of it?

As far as mod opinions, we all hold our tongues a bit (though as someone noted, I'm really not sure why we should). Some more than others, but Leslie is WAY within the lines regarding her post.

Above all, NO ONE'S opinion regarding the value of a Viper bears any merit. It's worth what someone pays (not offers) on any given day.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not going to turn this into a back and forth if you have further reply than just PM me. Yes I know econ 101. In my opinion, I don't base market value or pricing based on one example of a car that sold for 35k. I haven't seen many 5k mile 2002 cars sell for 35k; even in this economy so I don't think that constitutes market value and market pricing. As it would be just as fallacious to just note the rt/10 that sold on barrett jacking for nealry 70k. Now if you told me that the average car is being sold for 35k with those miles, conditions, etc then I would probably tend to agree that this car is not the "steal" that I thought. Nonetheless, this looks like an outstanding deal to me.

If it were a steal, it would have been gone by now. That is economics 101 in my book.

I would love to pick another GTS... :)

OSUbrew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Pitts needs to calm down, he's just making himself look like an idiot.

Personally i wouldn't buy a 2000 model either because of the creampuff/abs issue. Doesn't mean they're not as fast, just stating facts about that year. To each their own, i enjoy my 97.

Edit: Also, i do think it's a good deal price wise, especially with all the mods. Just because it's a 2000 doesn't mean it's worth less, just might not have as big of an audience.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it were a steal, it would have been gone by now. That is economics 101 in my book.

I would love to pick another GTS... :)

well...it was JUST posted. It's the newest classified. Anyway, this type of back and forth is exactly one of the reasons I have hesitated joining the VCA. If anything, I was helping the post by posting my opinion that IF it was as classified that it is a great deal. Whenever values come up, some people on this forum are almost happy to try to convince others of the devaluation of the cars based on the economy. If anything, more support should be given to try to increase perception of the cars. I am not talking about ignorant information or dreamland pricing, but these cars are something special. But if the average Joe came to this "club" they would almost know exactly how to lowball the sellers. I see almost no advice on advising people to wait (if possible) to better times to sell (not winter, during potential economic upswing, etc). Even though the US economy isn't necessarily getting better anytime soon, the reality is that interest rates WILL go up. As a result the value of the US dollar will then rise as well (that just happens when interest rates adjust properly). There are a lot of factors that can play that will make the values of the cars rise in value...or decrease in value. I just don't understand why people only focus on quoting some obscure ebay "steal" or "a friend's buddy just saw a car that sold for 30k" et al. There ARE buyers out there that will pay for a quality cared for car. Not everyone is just looking for the cheapest car. Woodhouse, BJ, Premire and others do have cars that move because of their quality. Even though people on these forums are not dealers necessarily, their ad's should take a priority over autotrader or ebay because of the perceived value of buying a VCA member's car that probably has people to vouch for it.

Some people pay to have their cars listed here. Most members of this "club" are not just selling their car, but the assurance or higher probability of a well-maintained car that can probably be vouched for by another member. I am glad I don't have plans to sell mine as I bought to enjoy it. But i really am surprised at the responses sometimes here. I guess I won't let the door hit myself on the way out I guess....:crazy2:

Last edited:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally id trust seans opinion on the car. call him and see what he says. he obviously knows the car.

2000 had no ABS and no forged internals = odd (not bad, just odd) and not as desirable

Just to stir up the *** a little more - the ad for this car in the VCA classifieds says it has "Antilock Brakes". Is that what ABS is, or does ABS mean something else?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares what others think? If you like the car, buy it! I could have bought ANY Viper I wanted to a month ago, ANY VIPER, but you know what....I bought a 2000 GTS. Oh no, it doesn't have ABS!! No forged internals either! God, what will I do? It is all a matter of preference, bottom line. I could really care less about ABS and forged internals, I bought mine(and it my SECOND 2000 mind you) because Steel Grey color friggen rocks and after all, it is a Viper!
So, to answer your question, yes, it is a great deal. ****** that car up and don't look back!

OP
OP
T

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who cares what others think? If you like the car, buy it! I could have bought ANY Viper I wanted to a month ago, ANY VIPER, but you know what....I bought a 2000 GTS. Oh no, it doesn't have ABS!! No forged internals either! God, what will I do? It is all a matter of preference, bottom line. I could really care less about ABS and forged internals, I bought mine(and it my SECOND 2000 mind you) because Steel Grey color friggen rocks and after all, it is a Viper!
So, to answer your question, yes, it is a great deal. ****** that car up and don't look back!

hehe...I actually wasn't posting about buying it myself. I remember speaking with you about your previous 2000 as I was interested but couldn't meet your price at the time. I ended up getting a 2000 ACR in the god awful color of RED:lmao:.....I must admit if this was 8 months ago and this car was offered I would have jumped on this newly classified car in a second as I paid 37k for a stock car with upgraded exhaust and 14k miles....and I thought that was a good deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456