ACR/ACR-X/Rogue Status Viper

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes 22 obviously he stole the car.

That car if memory serves me was that low when I saw it at the Texas mile in October so I don't believe the stance is P shopped. I could be wrong, it happens at least once a year.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ride height was like that for the photos, and at the Texas Mile. The ADV.1 photographer did the shoot close to where the Texas Mile occured. As far as the thread title, it was in reference to the paint scheme, but he has all the ACR aero work on the way. There were two different vinyl strap patterns printed out, and this is the one he chose. The flat black and the matte white are both wraps. Actually, this car was a convertible when it first started out, then had the coupe conversion. Like I said before, this is a temporary scheme till the car gets painted. Love it or hate it, no skin off my back, I love looking at Viper's and unique schemes.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

anybody else notice the carbon fiber rear diffuser? I really like that and the wheels.
That stripe is going to look outdated quick imho

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the flat black :2tu:

Speaking of age, please don't disrepect to those that did work hard to get a Viper. (mommy and daddy's don't count).

I got my 06 when I was 23. I had one of the best welding job you could get southeastern WI. I got the loan from my bank that I was with since I was 17 1/2 when I got my first vehicle loan purchase. I am 25 now.

I got laid off a year ago and was hard to find a welding job just pays enough to get me by with the Viper. I barely made it by for eight months before I would had to sell her and found a job that does parts for Oshkosh trucking for the M-ATV.

During the lay-off, I forced myself to go to school and going for Computer network system then after that Infomation System Security and at the same time working 50+ hours so I can still have fun during the summer in the Viper.

Sorry about the rant. I just think there are poor judgments.

V

Venomiss

Everything looks good except the guns. Just a little "off" .
To each his own.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ride height was like that for the photos, and at the Texas Mile. The ADV.1 photographer did the shoot close to where the Texas Mile occured. As far as the thread title, it was in reference to the paint scheme, but he has all the ACR aero work on the way. There were two different vinyl strap patterns printed out, and this is the one he chose. The flat black and the matte white are both wraps. Actually, this car was a convertible when it first started out, then had the coupe conversion. Like I said before, this is a temporary scheme till the car gets painted. Love it or hate it, no skin off my back, I love looking at Viper's and unique schemes.

You must be registered for see images

I Like - very Texas and very Rogue. Are you going to try to catch the Top Gun Mile the S. Florida group is holding in March?

Bringing it to the Texas Viper Round-up? Would be great to see it live. :drive:

ViperGal

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt the owner is going to Florida for the mile, when the Texas Mile is a lot closer in March. I believe he will be at TX2K10, and not sure if he's coming to the round-up, but I'll ask.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only dork who thought that the pattern on the stripe was supposed to be that of the Pilot Sport Cup tread?

In that regard - I thought it was pretty cool.

Then I saw the closeup. We really need fewer gangsta wannabes and more tire tread junkies.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni;

HA! HA! That is exactly what I thought at first glance too. :rolaugh:

To each their own. It is not the worse stripe I have every seen. Not my taste, but not my car. I would have left it alone after the second picture.

When he paints these cars, is it the washable paint like the Countach on Cannonball Run?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only dork who thought that the pattern on the stripe was supposed to be that of the Pilot Sport Cup tread?

nope, this dork looking at the stripes from a distance, thought the stripe was tire marks too. the tire marks would make a little more sense than guns, especially to someone who has no idea what the guns mean. i agree - too "gangsta / pimpin".

i liked the flat black ALOT more.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of age, please don't disrepect to those that did work hard to get a Viper. (mommy and daddy's don't count).

I got my 06 when I was 23. I had one of the best welding job you could get southeastern WI. I got the loan from my bank that I was with since I was 17 1/2 when I got my first vehicle loan purchase. I am 25 now.

No-one is dissrespecting you. Did you go to a 4-year college for welding? i assume no.
While i was going to college for XX,*** per year i also had friends like you that decided to go straight from highschool (or from a 1-2year college) into the workforce. By the time i graduated college at 23 starting from Scratch with ZERO$ they had been working for 5 years making $***,***
Like i said, No disrespect you or them. Its just a diff situation.

This dude we are talking about here is 22 and in College. How does someone in college that costs on average 20-30grand per year come up with the money to spend on a $80,000 vehicle???
There can be many explanations for this and i can see how some people would instinctivly jump to conclusions and judge him.

--------------------------------------------------
Its still hard for me to believe that that whole car is Wrapped.
I'd like to see a video of it beeing done in fastfoward:)

I like the guns. To the guy that said they reflect the mindset of a typicall 22yrold. My response is: There are plenty of BabbyBoomers that still love the movie Scarface. I think this viper should be dubbed the Scarface edition:)

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL, here are pics of the process:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow... I can not imagine how many hours that took.. 100's Im guessing. that wrap job had to have cost serious $$$. Just do the math. No one, who is talented enough to do this is working cheap..

Nice job.. The look is not my cup of tea. But I can really appreciate the time that went into that..

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have two guys here in Dallas with wraps. I believe the turn around time for the other guy was just two days. I know this one took longer as they had to remove the old wrap that was installed by another company. Wrap jobs for the Viper are about $3,000 and are fairly easy to clean, and the stock panels typically don't get damaged either. Nice if you want to change the look of your car fairly often.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the flat black :2tu:

I got laid off a year ago and was hard to find a welding job just pays enough to get me by with the Viper. I barely made it by for eight months before I would had to sell her and found a job that does parts for Oshkosh trucking for the M-ATV.

During the lay-off, I forced myself to go to school and going for Computer network system then after that Infomation System Security and at the same time working 50+ hours so I can still have fun during the summer in the Viper.

I am glad you were able to afford a Viper at a young age, get the financing, and handle it all on your own. The point that most of us are at in our lives is one where we can handle the bump you mention above by virtue of having the more solid areas of life tucked away (retirement, liquefiable assets, home, college for kids, etc.). That's a real display of good judgment, not just whether or not you can "qualify" for a loan. It would be smarter to be putting that money into something that will pay you back in spades when you need it, rather than blowing it on a car. And let's face it, although we all love our Vipers, they are just cars. Again, not to bash you, but the very scenario you offered is the best example of your closing comment I could have come up with.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he paints these cars, is it the washable paint like the Countach on Cannonball Run?
It's a vinyl wrap on the car, not paint.

This dude we are talking about here is 22 and in College. How does someone in college that costs on average 20-30grand per year come up with the money to spend on a $80,000 vehicle???
There can be many explanations for this and i can see how some people would instinctivly jump to conclusions and judge him.

--------------------------------------------------

I like the guns. To the guy that said they reflect the mindset of a typicall 22yrold. My response is: There are plenty of BabbyBoomers that still love the movie Scarface. I think this viper should be dubbed the Scarface edition:)
Since the entire car is being used as an advertisement and he was on the gumball. I am willing to bet that he has a special talent (skateboard, bike, etc) that pays the bills.

The gun pattern is Rouge Status print.

From prices I was looking at for my H1, it's about $3k to have an entire car wrapped. They also protect the paint.

Nick