Few Questions for potential new Viper owner

gilbroyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my Corvette and I am now looking to step up and purchase a Generation II Viper. I would prefer a 2001 or 2002, I want a convertible (do not want a coupe). I have a few questions that I am hoping this forum will help me answer?

1. I am 6ft and 3 in tall, will I fit in a Gen II Viper, I fit well in a Corvette, but I sat in a new Viper at the Auto Show and it was tight, but I was not able to move the seat?
2. I am aware that the Gen II Viper does not have traction control, is the car difficult to control?
3. I know that the Gen II comes with a hard top, how difficult is it to put the hard top on and off, also I believe you can purchase a soft top is this difficult to take on and off and can the soft top fit in the car, fore example if I got caught in the rain? Also is removing the tops a one or two person job?
4. I believe that the Gen II Viper has power windows, ac, etc, what are the features that a Gen II (1997 -2002) Viper will have that Gen I (1992-1996) Viper will not have? Also if my dates are wrong please let me know.
5. Any features or issues that I should look for when purchasing a Gen II Viper?
6. Roughly how much money do you think I should spend on a 2001 or 2002 Viper?
7. Also anything that a forum member believes I should know about owning a Viper?

I appreciate all the help and can’t to wait to make an actual purchase of an automobile and share my pictures. Thank you so much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth