Questions for the blown SRT's

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for at least 800rwhp. How much boost can the stock internals handle? Also, does the paxton kit come with all the additional fuel upgrades/injectors/b.a.p? I'm planning worst case scenario and saying it'll take maybe 10-12lbs of boost/heads/blower cam/forged internals(maybe lower compression). What can i expect to pay for such a package? I'm trying to budget myself to about 20k.
Thanks in advance fellas.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock internals will be toast before 800rwhp. gonna take about 14lbs id guess

built motor 20K
paxton setup with fuel system 15K
(you can go as high as 950rwhp safely tuned on this setup with pump gas)

20K on stick internals will get you around ~ 700rwhp tops

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea anything over 700 rwhp on these cream puffs is just asking for it...I personally wouldnt tune my car for anything over 650 rwhp...

My supercharged camaro engine was blown with too much boost..My supercharged nsx engine was blown with bad tuneing...

I'd stay under 650 rwhp on stock internals based on my past supercharged history

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT is at the breaking point at 650rwhp but I know some have pushed it to 700rwhp but not sure the longevity of the motor. I sure as hell wouldnt do such. Iam positive 800rwhp will blow your engine on the dyno if not shortly after with out building the bottom.
You can build the bottom for 5k (tator), paxton install 12k (woodhouse) and head work another (3k) so 20 should do it for 800rwhp.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i forgot fuel system, thats anothers 5k as the paxton pumps wont support 800rwhp

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you wish to spend a ton, please consider the standard Paxton system with included dual bullet fuel pumps and timing retard system. These are pretty bulletproof, and can easily overpower stock tires. Additional power just goes up in wheel spin.

This is a great bang for the buck. Get it installed by the best shop you can find, and enjoy thousands of trouble free, thrilling miles.

These systems are a blast. Don't get in over your head chasing dyno numbers.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you wish to spend a ton, please consider the standard Paxton system with included dual bullet fuel pumps and timing retard system. These are pretty bulletproof, and can easily overpower stock tires. Additional power just goes up in wheel spin.

This is a great bang for the buck. Get it installed by the best shop you can find, and enjoy thousands of trouble free, thrilling miles.

These systems are a blast. Don't get in over your head chasing dyno numbers.

That about sums it up. 20k + to go from 650 hp to 800 hp is pretty steep if you have a budget. If $ is not an issue go for it.