2006 viper navigation?

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 viper convert and I want to put in the RB1 navigation unit. (the one that was an option in the 08 viper).
my question is: #1 is it even possible? Many people are telling me that its a simple plug and play. but i want to make sure before i buy the RB1 unit. Also does anyone know if there's a difference between the P56038629AH and the P56038629AE or
P56038629AI units or are the just newer versions that I can use?
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1. yes, it is plug and play..

#2. there is a difference (hence the price difference on used ones).. You want AI if possible(and I think AH will work also). Anything earlier (AE) will display "Jeep" of whatever vehicle it came from logo, at start up. No way to change this.. Get the AI version radio and AI/AH version CD as well.

I did this in my 2006, and it worked great. Just mount the antenna on top of the radio. Its about a 20 minute install. I would do the Ipod kit as well, since with the RB1 you lose the CD changer.

OP
OP
T

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thank you. I almost just bought the AE on ebay. I would have been dissappointed with seeing "jeep" at the start-up! Will almost any Ipod integration kit work with this radio or do you need a specific one? Also, is this radio satellite ready (XM/Siruius)???

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thank you. I almost just bought the AE on ebay. I would have been dissappointed with seeing "jeep" at the start-up! Will almost any Ipod integration kit work with this radio or do you need a specific one?

Yep, all 08 vipers will have the AI version. The AE's are cheaper for a reason. :D

Ipod integration kit part# 82209616AC

This site is an awesome source of info, on this subject. RB1 & RB4

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Also, is this radio satellite ready (XM/Siruius)???

Its not sirius/xm ready.. That is a seperate kit, and one I wanted to avoid.. I would pick either the XM kit or the Ipod kit and just do one... I was told if you do both, strange things happen to the electronics...

these Ipod kits are sensitive. I hooked up a wire in the wrong place when doing mine, and all the gauges bugged out, like the twilight zone. (not kidding).

I did not do the sirius option, but I do know its another module needed.

RoadRace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to have the RB1 radio display the Sirius ESN # on the display. The instructions in the manual do not cover the RB1. Thanks.