Door lock does not work

metal menagerie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried to lock the door on my 2008 Viper for the first time with the original key, find out the key does not work,

V

Venomiss

I tried to lock the door on my 2008 Viper for the first time with the original key, find out the key does not work,

First thing you might want to do is PM one of the moderators with your VIN and information and get registered as an owner. Make sure your profile is filled out too.:)

Did you purchase new? If so you might have a free year of VCA membership.
If you purchased used we hope you join us and the SoCal club that I think is near you.

SoCal Viper

As far as the key question goes, you are not using the remote lock?

OP
OP
M

metal menagerie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, I do not use the remote never had to lock it so far. The key works fine in the trunk lock but not on the door. Yes bought it new, yes have the year membership.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The key slot on the door under the mirror on the drivers side is used to UNLOCK door and disarm alarm on Gen IV's (and on III's).

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You are quite welcome. You may want to lube that lock every 6 months or so...and always carry a spare key!!! :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

this place still can amaze me...... after tens of thousands of posts, we finally get a question where somebody actually tried to use a key to lock their SRT door! Imagine that.

You are in luck because Steve is right about 90%+ Of the time..... and the rest of us pick up his slack 10%

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My key on my 2003 SRT-10 won't turn in the lock either direction. Maybe just needs some WD-40?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of times you will find that the tension on the door will cause the key to be a little more difficult to turn. Try pushing in on the door a little as you turn the key and that should free it up a bit. Failing that, then it may indeed be stuck. Does it work okay on the trunk?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My key on my 2003 SRT-10 won't turn in the lock either direction. Maybe just needs some WD-40?

I am always surprised how much twisting force you have to use to make that exterior SRT door unlock work. And because of the vertical angle, it seems odd, but you really have to twist hard.

V

Venomiss

Maybe you just need a ACR?:D Something to enter when you get your membership.
ssgacr3.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235