Deal done on a '09 ACR

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a lot of contemplating over model year, color etc. I went ahead and purchased a fresh of the truck 2009 ACR in solid Viper Blue from the boys (Lee Brown and Andrew Sallach) at Baxter Auto in Omaha. I understand their are only three solid Viper blue car's built and five with the centerband for a total of eight. I won't have the car for about a week or ten days but will be sure to post photos of her coming off the transporter! Thanks for all the feedback and input over the last few months to all!!!

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at THIS car in person (if it's the one I'am thinking of, they have over 20 vipers):D very nice :2tu: the color looks very close to my B5/surf blue challenger :) Congrats :drive:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,

They let me know the details, minus price of course. You have a great looking car. I was not a fan of the Viper blue till I saw your car in person.

Congrats on the purchase.

Bruce

Haha, yes Bruce that would be it! Did Lee or Andrew fill you in?

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,

They let me know the details, minus price of course. You have a great looking car. I was not a fan of the Viper blue till I saw your car in person.

Congrats on the purchase.

Bruce

If you remember I was really hot for the red with black stripes and the 2 tone interior but once I saw this color I was sold! Thanks for the well wishes guys, now it's a waiting game! That's ok though, it's friggin snowing here in CT.:rolleyes:

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you remember I was really hot for the red with black stripes and the 2 tone interior but once I saw this color I was sold! Thanks for the well wishes guys, now it's a waiting game! That's ok though, it's friggin snowing here in CT.:rolleyes:

Separated at birth?

I was on the same car, red+black stripes "mamba" interior...until I saw the Viper Blue (mine with Centerband) in person (also with 'mamba' blue interior).

It's been almost a month now since I made the commitment, what a car!

-J

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Separated at birth?

I was on the same car, red+black stripes "mamba" interior...until I saw the Viper Blue (mine with Centerband) in person (also with 'mamba' blue interior).

It's been almost a month now since I made the commitment, what a car!

-J

Wow, that t/t interior must look great on the Viper Blue! I saw the car with the black c/b also and thought about it but really liked the solid. To tell you the truth I would have liked it w/black stripes, they made none in that combo, five of yours and three of mine. Their are so many nice colors that this car looks good in it makes it even harder to decide and I almost just waited to get a toxic orange but I really fell for the viper blue!! I'm glad you are enjoying your car "yellow", I'll only get to stare at mine for about two months until the roads clear but when it dies get out I can promise it will be well waxed!!!:D

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a lot of contemplating over model year, color etc. I went ahead and purchased a fresh of the truck 2009 ACR in solid Viper Blue from the boys (Lee Brown and Andrew Sallach) at Baxter Auto in Omaha. I understand their are only three solid Viper blue car's built and five with the centerband for a total of eight. I won't have the car for about a week or ten days but will be sure to post photos of her coming off the transporter! Thanks for all the feedback and input over the last few months to all!!!

I'd love to get a GTS blue ACR but I would opt to paint white stripes on it. Someone on this site repaired a wrecked red ACR and painted it GTS blue with white stripes. It was the most beautiful ACR I've ever seen. Of course, as you can tell from my 06 FE Avatar, I'm biased.

BPAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, GTS Blue with Dual White stripes is available for the 2010MY.

CompCoupe21, congrats on your new car. I know you are going to enjoy it.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to get a GTS blue ACR but I would opt to paint white stripes on it. Someone on this site repaired a wrecked red ACR and painted it GTS blue with white stripes. It was the most beautiful ACR I've ever seen. Of course, as you can tell from my 06 FE Avatar, I'm biased.

I think BPAG is right, '10 MY it's being offered! I might do stripes on mine but not sure, still haven't seen it in person yet.

If I am not mistaken, GTS Blue with Dual White stripes is available for the 2010MY.

CompCoupe21, congrats on your new car. I know you are going to enjoy it.

Thank you and thanks to all the guys responding! It will be cool to see this color ACR next to my orange Porsche GT3 in the garage, you can say I love colorful cars!!!:2tu:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Welcome to the solid color ACR club, we are in the minority!!! LOL! They only made 3 solid SSG ACR's also, so we are in the same boat. Happy driving, the car is wonderful! :)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Welcome to the solid color ACR club, we are in the minority!!! LOL! They only made 3 solid SSG ACR's also, so we are in the same boat. Happy driving, the car is wonderful! :)

One of the other solid SSG ACR's is at the same dealer where Compecoupe's car is. It is amazing how we can account for all these rare color combos.

Bruce

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very cool! My buddy has a SSG but with the centerband, that color explodes as I'm hoping the Viper blue does when I see it in person but it seems to in photos. Solids, stripes, centerbands, to each their own and that's what I love about the variety of choices because at the end of the day they are all ACR's but the color makes it personal. Lee @ Baxter new I was color torn and when I asked him what he thought of the Viper blue he came straight out and said it's awesome and he and I had been talking cars/colors for a while, he was totally sincere and extremely helpful. A shout out to Bernie K also who also was very helpful but I could only buy one car and I choose Baxter as my dealer.

OP
OP
C

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the other solid SSG ACR's is at the same dealer where Compecoupe's car is. It is amazing how we can account for all these rare color combos.

Bruce

Bruce, here is a little known fact. I bet you know but lots of guys don't that 41% of 2009 Viper's are one of a kind based on color, trim, equipment etc. For instance my car is one of three color wise but does not have navi, now I know the other two don't either but if they did it would make mine 1 of 1. Interesting if you think about it. Dan

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, just to clarify. Did you get "GTS Blue" or "Viper Bright Blue"? I have a 2006 "GTS Blue" coupe and a 2008 "Bright Blue" Vert. So I love both. Just curious.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth