New member with some questions

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

My name is Roy, I am from the Netherlands and i'm at the point of buying a Gen I Viper from '92. In the Netherlands the Gen I is not common seen, so there aren't a lot of places where I can get some answers. I assume this is the right place and off course, when the deal is done, I will introduce me and my car properly

1. Can anyone tell me if the rear window's chuck's (is this a correct word?) are attached to the window or are they supposed to be on the car? The window is missing and I don't know if the chucks are delivered together with a new window.

2. is the sideskirt around the exhaust one piece, or is it possible to get the black part loose from the red part?

3. does anyone know an indication for the price of the rubbers in which the door closes, these are a little damaged and I want to replace it to make the car like new.

Does anyone know what dreamcars can be? It says on a little plate in the mid console: specially build for dreamcars.

Thanks in advance for any usefull help and I hope my English is good enough to make myself clear.

Greetings Roy

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

My name is Roy, I am from the Netherlands and i'm at the point of buying a Gen I Viper from '92. In the Netherlands the Gen I is not common seen, so there aren't a lot of places where I can get some answers. I assume this is the right place and off course, when the deal is done, I will introduce me and my car properly

1. Can anyone tell me if the rear window's chuck's (is this a correct word?) are attached to the window or are they supposed to be on the car? The window is missing and I don't know if the chucks are delivered together with a new window.

Yes the "Screws" or "Chucks" are attached to the window

2. is the sideskirt around the exhaust one piece, or is it possible to get the black part loose from the red part?

The black part does not come off

3. does anyone know an indication for the price of the rubbers in which the door closes, these are a little damaged and I want to replace it to make the car like new.

Contact Jon B. at parts rack or Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge for price. If anyone has these parts they would.

Does anyone know what dreamcars can be? It says on a little plate in the mid console: specially build for dreamcars.

DreamCars is an exotics car rental company. Be sure to have the car checked out by a good mechanic to make sure the seals are good on the engine at that there is not too much heavy wear inside the heads.

Thanks in advance for any usefull help and I hope my English is good enough to make myself clear.

Greetings Roy

Is the car in the US or UK? There are VCA members on both sides of the pond so if you post location of the car someone can go check it out for you.

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car is just in the Netherlands.

can you please explain some further what seals you mean and what do you mean with heavy wear inside the heads? How is this checked? And is this a regular thing for all vipers or do you have a other reason to say this?

Many thanks for the answers.

to make sure the seals are good on the engine at that there is not too much heavy wear inside the heads.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the reason I suggest getting it checked is because with rental fleet cars the cars are often driven too hard too quick. I am not very knowledgeable in this area but there are others that might be able to explain better. The head gasket seals are the seals I am talking about. I would think a mechanic that is knowledgeable about engines should be able to tell if there is reasonable wear or excessive or concernable wear to the engine.

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headgaskets fail on Gen 1 cars. You'd want to know if they'd been changed.

If it was a rental from Dreamcars, it may have been driven hard. I'm not sure where J&R was going with the comment about head wear..? Some early vipers were prone to burning oil and had engine issues.... '92 is an early model.:dunno:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headgaskets fail on Gen 1 cars. You'd want to know if they'd been changed.

If it was a rental from Dreamcars, it may have been driven hard. I'm not sure where J&R was going with the comment about head wear..? Some early vipers were prone to burning oil and had engine issues.... '92 is an early model.:dunno:

exactly what I was meaning. I am by NO stretch of the imagination a mechanic but I would think that with the oil issues that early gen 1s were prone to that it could cause damage to the valves and piston heads?:dunno: Just saying I would have it stripped and checked. You can't tell much about an engine by looking at valve covers.

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ah like that. I have just send an email to dreamcarshire if it was one of them. i know there a lot of company's with the name dreamcars, so not sure if it was theirs.
I know about the head gasket issue and I can look for myself if it's the original one layer gasket or not. What about those comments about "the early gen I with their oil problems" I did not hear this yet. It is number 203 or 206 I recall, is this early enough for these probs? And what were the "oil problems"
The car has driven 48000 miles all ready, so it did that part well...In the Netherlands here, mechanics say that this engine won't die very quickly and I should not be scared too soon. When it sounds all right, it should be all right.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to give you bad information about the early engine problems.. There are others here who know/remember the details. I think it was the first 200 or so.. but :dunno: I would not be too worried as long as it runs smoothly and doesn't smoke etc..

Hopefully someone will chime in.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Head gaskets are pretty much the main issue folks talk about..the oil burning...not that big of a deal on the Gen 1's...that I have seen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62