Anyone near the chicago area to check a Viper ?

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I was looking into buying a viper at a dealer somewhere near chicago but the only problem is that I'm from Canada. I know how I should buy the car locally but there are few for sell here and they are out of my budget.

The car is approx 20 miles est of chicago. If anyone is available to take a look at it please let me know... I 'm willing to compensate for your troubles

Thank you
Jack

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack,

I am in Milwaukee, WI and if you do not find anyone from Chicago I would be willing to look at the car for you. I am going to be installing a Clear Bra on a car latter next week, just north of Chicago so that may be a good day to look at the car. Send me a PM on where the car is and I can see how far it is from me.

OP
OP
J

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike ! I'll keep u posted if ever there isn't anyone closer.

How's the weather there by the way ? Are the street clear of snow for a test drive ?

Last edited:

dans69ss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're looking at the '08 Orange Black "ACR", it's a clone. I will say that Chicago Motorcars is legit and a friend of mine bought his GTS from them and was very pleased.

OP
OP
J

Jacky-Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're looking at the '08 Orange Black "ACR", it's a clone. I will say that Chicago Motorcars is legit and a friend of mine bought his GTS from them and was very pleased.

Thanks, but it's not that one

vipernutuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,i live in the UK and currently own a 97 GTS Viper,ive found a 2004 SRT10 which i would love to buy and just wanted to know if there is someone in Chicago who could check it out for me to see if its a good one,
many thanks
Paul
UK

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To the original poster, if its from a dealership near Chicago who's initials are E.M. (in no particular order) Make sure you have the car checked out 1st. The Viper I bought from them about 6 years ago was not in the condition advertised and I have read similar issues from other posters. I'm sure they get some great cars through there sometimes but they usually have Vipers and other high end cars priced at some of the lowest prices on the net but its also a "get what you pay for scenario".

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score

chicago motorcars is legit in as far as they actually exist. THAT is legit.
if you buy anything from them have it thoroughly inspected for prior crash damage/paintwork.
and make sure the bank you want to use for financing will even do business with them.

Mr. Mom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but I have a friend who is a tech there (Chicago Motorcars) and used to work on mine and my wife's cars .
I moved away from Illinois, but as far as I know he still works there. Not sure if you would want an employee to check the Viper out, (an unbiased check may be preferred) but I can certainly ask him if you'd like.

EDIT:

Just texted back and forth with my friend there. He said if Chicago Motorcars has a Viper you are looking for, look elsewhere. He said all of their cars were "bought at auction and most were wrecked at some point..............Their Vipers are beat to piss."
This comes from one of their own employees.

If that is where the car is then I would still have someone local check it out personally, just to make sure.

Last edited:

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but I have a friend who is a tech there (Chicago Motorcars) and used to work on mine and my wife's cars .
I moved away from Illinois, but as far as I know he still works there. Not sure if you would want an employee to check the Viper out, (an unbiased check may be preferred) but I can certainly ask him if you'd like.

EDIT:

Just texted back and forth with my friend there. He said if Chicago Motorcars has a Viper you are looking for, look elsewhere. He said all of their cars were "bought at auction and most were wrecked at some point..............Their Vipers are beat to piss."
This comes from one of their own employees.
If that is where the car is then I would still have someone local check it out personally, just to make sure.

yep. and they get worse from there.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not wanting to talk bad about a place but i bought an 07 SRT8 JEEP from chicago motor cars off ebay. they said the jeep was absolute perfect and umm when i got there it was far from perfect

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
God how many times did a salesman tell me the car was mint, then to see it and just laugh. All they want is to get you in the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32