2006 with 66,000 miles for $35k?

3520henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of a newer 2006 Viper with so many miles? Is this a good price, or too many problems with that many miles? Thanks

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you want a Viper as a Sunday driver, a 1:1 diecast in your garage or are you going to track it?

I don't see anything wrong with that at all as long as the car wasn't abused and it check out ok.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mileage should be an indicator that it hasn't been sitting in a shop being repaired very often .... have a viper tech look it over

OP
OP

3520henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a fair price guys? I put about 3,000 miles a year on my Viper as I usually drive just on the weekend or to run a errand.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a killer price- smell a skunk or a desprite seller- you never know till you have it checked.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it's in great shape and everything is good - it's a good deal.

If the weheels have been curbed, the tires are worn and it needs brakes then it's not such a good deal.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trading age for mileage you might consider the following sale.

A 2003 with 18,500 sold for $33,000 on eBay last Christmas day.

As far as the mileage, my '04 has 54,000 and the only drivetrain problem I have is that the shifter/transmission doesn't center itself as it did when new. Dodge is still working on it under its 7/70 warranty. There are NO signs that the mileage has hurt the car.

I live in the snow/salt belt or I'd have driven further by now! It looks like I'll trip the mileage limit prior to the time limit on the warranty.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 01 has 50,000mi. First 20K it was mostly used for drag racing. Last 30,000 miles I've driven cross continent a few times and mostly travelled to VCA events. No factory problems except trip meter and D door speaker wire. Supercharged from about 3,000mi. I still take it to car shows and get the trophies!

Ted

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
post pics! If it looks good, and all records have been kept...then it sounds like a darn good deal!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty positive this is the Black coupe with the wing that has been for sale for a while. Started at $39K I believe then $37K and now the $35ish number. The interior seems AMAZING for the mileage on the car. Have it checked out but if it is all good, it is one good driver.

r25558

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am pretty positive this is the Black coupe with the wing that has been for sale for a while. Started at $39K I believe then $37K and now the $35ish number. The interior seems AMAZING for the mileage on the car. Have it checked out but if it is all good, it is one good driver.

That car sold, already called on it....If it's back up for sale from the new owner, that would be red flags..

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The milage thing just kills me..

Two cars sitting right beside each other. One a black 2006 coupe with 8K miles..The other a 2006 black coupe with 60K miles...The 8K mile car is for sale for 51K and the 2006 60K mile car is for sale for 35K..

The only real differance is that you will save 16K by chooseing the 60K mile version..They'll both turn the same heads and they will both run the same numbers at the dag strip or road course...

My 2003 back in 2007 had 27K miles and that was considered HIGH by many...I just gotta laugh..Because thats brand new to me and a 2006 haveing 60K miles in 2010 is normal milage for any other car..

To bad it is sold because that is a hole lot of car for only 35K

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trading age for mileage you might consider the following sale.

A 2003 with 18,500 sold for $33,000 on eBay last Christmas day.

As far as the mileage, my '04 has 54,000 and the only drivetrain problem I have is that the shifter/transmission doesn't center itself as it did when new. Dodge is still working on it under its 7/70 warranty. There are NO signs that the mileage has hurt the car.

I live in the snow/salt belt or I'd have driven further by now! It looks like I'll trip the mileage limit prior to the time limit on the warranty.

33K is not the norm..I guarantee you several 2003's across the nation sold for low 40's in the past month. Most people will not spend that kinda money on Ebay...But will be willing to spend 40K on a car within 100 miles that they can drive to and see/drive..

Here in hawaii the Gen3 srt10's are still advertised from 40-52K depending on the year. Cheapest I have ever seen was a 2004 for 41K..The private sellers are always 43K and up..

And the 2008's here are 120K and they arent even the ACR versions!!!!!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car was traded in at a Florida dealer about 6-8 months ago, was purchased by an individual, for resale. Its been all over the place. Autotrader,Ebay,cars.com.. I guess he finally sold it? Was 42k, then 40k, then, 37.9k,etc,etc.... It was purchased 8 MONTHS AGO, from a DEALER for low-mid $30's. Just imagine what they took it in at.

It had a huge wing, and viper emblems all over the interior. solid black, 5 spokes.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much IMO. Their is a 2006 FE car on this sight for 50k with 14k for miles, now way in hell would I not buy that car first and try to get it for a little less. I understand you might have a limit to spend but based on what I've read about this car I'd stay away. Good luck in your search and consider a low clock Gen II for that kind of money!!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's a coupe I would be tempted. If it's a Vert than an earlier model year with less miles is probably a safer bet.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep that car has been talked about in a few different threads. There must be a problem with it if it is still for sale...

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i actually called about this car i think. Florida 06 coupe 60ish miles, wanted 37k back in Aug. 35k sounds right if it wasnt driven hard.
Have you driven or seen the car? have it inspected but i see no reason why not to give 35k if all checks out.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of a newer 2006 Viper with so many miles? Is this a good price, or too many problems with that many miles? Thanks

The way the vehichle has been treated has much more to do with future issues than the actual mileage. Price wise, it's not unreasonable. I went over the 100,000 mark a while back and have had no issues with the car in the time I have owned it (a little over 4 years). Knowing what I know about my car, I would be less concerned with my 100,000 miles than I would with some cars having 20,000 on the odometer. Is there any way you can determine how the vehicle has been treated? Perhaps the closest Viper tech to the location of the car you are looking at would have some insight? Just my 2 cents.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i actually called about this car i think. Florida 06 coupe 60ish miles, wanted 37k back in Aug. 35k sounds right if it wasnt driven hard.
Have you driven or seen the car? have it inspected but i see no reason why not to give 35k if all checks out.

Agreed,,,,,,you could buy a spare used motor for $7k and still have a decent buy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62