Viper, vette Z06 vs Mustang R

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're welcome. I 'bought' a supercharged 1000+rwhp '01 ACR on the phone tonight and was searching for production numbers on colors and stripes when I found this article. The dislike of the Z06 filled my heart with joy and I had to share, lol.

I think that one of the many reasons that makes the Viper so superior (in my opinion) to other cars is the ease which it makes 1000rwhp. and drives like a complete stocker.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope it put a smile on your face!

Ted

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt check your link but i have watched the vid on that article 10 times...In the vid they say the gts acr hit 120 mph in the 1/4 mile

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"They probably have the most twist, the most grip, and the most raw machismo that the lawyers of Detroit's Big Three paesanos will ever allow in a product intended for purchase by the public".

LOL not even close............

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A 10 year old article comparing an 88K Viper to a 48K Vette. Thats the best you can do Ted?

Nah, it was just a fun article on our old cars. :) Isn't it amazing that the Viper is about the same price and the Z06 went from $40K to double in only about 8 years?

Ted

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are pelnty of articles on those 3 vehicles from back in the day. I have the 2000 Motor Trend Mag that touted the Z06 as the all around perfect vehicle, so I bought one. Millenium Yellow, just like on the cover. I always liked Mustangs, so I finally purchased a 00R as well. All I need now is a Steel Gray Viper, and I will have all 3 of those bad ass rides in my garage! I think that is the way to go, then there is no arguing over what is better about what vehicle, because you have all three. :2tu:

Now...will someone find me a nice ACR so I can be done with it already!!!

P.S. Congrats on the new Viper. That thing is a beast for sure!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of race prepared non street legal Cobra Rs coming into the front straight, waiting to **** up my 1990 SHO, at Putnam Park in 2005.

Steve

813Putnam_Park.jpg

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are pelnty of articles on those 3 vehicles from back in the day. I have the 2000 Motor Trend Mag that touted the Z06 as the all around perfect vehicle, so I bought one. Millenium Yellow, just like on the cover. I always liked Mustangs, so I finally purchased a 00R as well. All I need now is a Steel Gray Viper, and I will have all 3 of those bad ass rides in my garage! I think that is the way to go, then there is no arguing over what is better about what vehicle, because you have all three. :2tu:

Now...will someone find me a nice ACR so I can be done with it already!!!

P.S. Congrats on the new Viper. That thing is a beast for sure!

seriously if you wanna argue C6Z06 vrs gen3 srt10 over whats better..I can kinda see the argument..

But their is no argument between a GTS and C5Z06. The Z06 looks like a glass of water sitting next to a waterfall. The yellow C5Z06 was the wrong choice

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this thread will no doubt become another comparison aka anti-Corvette thread, I'd just like to be able to say the words "EVAN SMITH" before 1BADGTS finds this thread and does so.

That is all. Thanks!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All 3 set to be high performance/race cars and they pick the most comfortable one... this isn't the first nor last time this happens and it is so damn annoying.

If I ever lose a race I will be like, "oh well... my cars A/C blows much colder SUCKA!!!" Then hold a trophy out my window as I drive away.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this thread will no doubt become another comparison aka anti-Corvette thread, I'd just like to be able to say the words "EVAN SMITH" before 1BADGTS finds this thread and does so.

That is all. Thanks!
I dont know as recently YOU bring his name up more than i do .Nine do you need a job (If so i will talk to him about having you write for one of his mags -)

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome. I 'bought' a supercharged 1000+rwhp '01 ACR on the phone tonight and was searching for production numbers on colors and stripes when I found this article. The dislike of the Z06 filled my heart with joy and I had to share, lol.

I think that one of the many reasons that makes the Viper so superior (in my opinion) to other cars is the ease which it makes 1000rwhp. and drives like a complete stocker.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope it put a smile on your face!

Ted

Details on the 1000rwhp car Ted?

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seriously if you wanna argue C6Z06 vrs gen3 srt10 over whats better..I can kinda see the argument..

But their is no argument between a GTS and C5Z06. The Z06 looks like a glass of water sitting next to a waterfall. The yellow C5Z06 was the wrong choice

Z wasn't the wrong choice for me. Best bang for the buck going in my opinion. Looking to get a Viper soon to complete the treo. The 00R may not be as fast as the others, but it is an absolute blast to drive. Nothing like it in my opinion. I like all three and think they offer a unique driving experience that makes it hard to compare one to the other as far as all around fun factor is concerned. Like I said before, just get all three, then you won't have to worry about which one does what better. :drive:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Details on the 1000rwhp car Ted?

Looks like it's only about 1000bhp, not 1000+rwhp as advertised. I am so glad that I know so many great guys that know so many other great guys that I can make a few calls and track down vehicle history.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All 3 set to be high performance/race cars and they pick the most comfortable one... this isn't the first nor last time this happens and it is so damn annoying.

So true and so predictable and ridiculous it is actually amusing.

"Oh sure, the Viper is faster, funner and prettier, but we like the Vette." :rolaugh:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So true and so predictable and ridiculous it is actually amusing.

"Oh sure, the Viper is faster, funner and prettier, but we like the Vette." :rolaugh:

Chuck... YOU write us a comparison, send it to me and I'll re-write and co-author it and then I'll send it out to a magazine or two and see if we can't get it published. Call it "Reality Check". Or Fastest Sports coupe compared to slower sports coupes?

I've had several dozen feature articles published in various mags. It would be great to get a co-author'd feature article on from a racer's (you) and a Mopar lover's (me) viewpoints. I bet everyone would read it and some would argue and btch about it. We'd be famous - again.

Ted

Ted

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know as recently YOU bring his name up more than i do .Nine do you need a job (If so i will talk to him about having you write for one of his mags -)

Awww, now you are just being hateful since I mentioned it first. Everyone here always kids you about it. I'm just trying to break you of the habit, call it tough love.

As for jobs, if Evan Smith (see, I said it again for you) can pay me what I currently make, deal. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper