'98 GTS first time run

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a video of the first track outing in my Viper. I had it for awhile before taking it to the track. Same mods as the Dyno thread.

Mods and times are in video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDq66WD5A4[/media]

I'm pissed I believe I was shifting at 6k RPM when I should shift around 5.5k... I originally thought I was but wasn't paying close attention 'till when I was leaving the track.

At first I was nervous, like... I don't wanna be one of those slow guys in a fast car. The first pass sucked and I did feel stupid, the black Cobra has Stage IV ported blower and pulley, bolt-ons. He is my friend. His best run of the night of course against my worst. After I got a quick run on the second pass it was over, I was like... "lets go move I wanna RUN AGAIN, AGAIN!!!" Speed lust set in and I just wanted to rail the gears quicker and quicker and when I was knocking on 11s... best launch I jammed 3rd gear, end of fun. =(

I had a blast and this was right after the dyno. I didn't have an account here when this happen, figure I would put it up now.

Enjoy. :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wonder if Moroso still makes traction compound? Great stuff. That's awesome time for a stocker.

Ted

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you netted improvements on each. I see 11s in your future very soon. Not bad for an otherwise stockish car. I assume stock 307 gears?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good runs, I think it's time for a gear change maybe 3.55's will make a big differnece. I have run all sets of gears 3.07 to 3.73 loved the 3.73 gears turning out 60' times of 1.4 secs but at the top or end of the qtr I needed 5th so I went to 3.55 works the best with 60' @ 1.7 and the end run at 11.7 If i had the choice I think the perfect gear for 1/4 mile in my car would be around 3.62 but, have yet to find it. the 3.55 still has some room in 4th at the end where the 3.73 was at redline just before the end. Anyway there are so many things that make your time better and bracket racing it won mostly on RT and at the end of the tack I launch with the the 2nd yellow light. One Tow GO....... usually RT times are .07 to 02. Nothing but fun....... Good luck

OP
OP
Z

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just has the K&N intake box/filters/tubes. No cats and no muffler... cheapest mods but I doubt they did much for power, just made it sound super loud and crappy.

I'm not sure if I am going to go gears or not, if I do I may go 3.33 gears. I know def I am swapping out my 5th gear for .80 from Cobra's T-56 for quicker pull in 5th. My car wont be seeing much 1/4 mile in Germany, more likely a lot of Autobahn and Nurburgring. Oh I pray I get stationed there in 2 years!!!!!!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my before and after dyno on my 99 showed a 18 rwhp increase when I removed the cats

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets