Viper registration

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all!

I plan (actually hope) to get stationed in Germany in 2 years at closest base to Nurburgring. Is there anything specific I need to alter on my Viper to get registered in Germany?

Can you have tinted windows? Do you have to have catalytic converters (emissions)? Sound levels?

Any shops there work on Vipers (if something I can't handle)?

You must be registered for see images attach

I just don't want to get rid of the tint... it looks too ****.

Thanks for all your help!

-Kent

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant answer that question but your paint job and wheel combo is really unusual and very nice. It almost looks like a later Gen. Well done!!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two friends being US and living in Germany with a Viper.

They might help answering your questions.

But, I know that lately a lot has changed for them also and that you probably have to go to the German TÜV.

No tinted side windows. Sound, emissions, ...?

You will need a garage with the right connections to have the car registered here, except you can run the car with the US plates for a limited time ...

Once your move to Germany comes closer, feel free to drop me emails and I will try to help you here.

OP
OP
Z

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for help, I will do some research on the TÜV

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run my cars with HF cats and cat back.
The GTS has headers too and is really loud. Way too loud.
But with the right connections you can get the car(s) through the technical exam.

SnakeBit06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all!

I plan (actually hope) to get stationed in Germany in 2 years at closest base to Nurburgring. Is there anything specific I need to alter on my Viper to get registered in Germany?

Can you have tinted windows? Do you have to have catalytic converters (emissions)? Sound levels?

Any shops there work on Vipers (if something I can't handle)?

You must be registered for see images attach

I just don't want to get rid of the tint... it looks too ****.

Thanks for all your help!

-Kent

Kent,

I am heading over to Wiesbaden, GE in July. The best bet for you as a service member is to contact the POV office at the base you will be assigned to. There are different laws for those of us that fall under SOFA, than for other expats in Germany. My Viper should arrive in Germany in August/September, so if you haven't found anything out before then, keep in touch, I'll let you know how it goes.

Eric

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want, get in touch with me once you are here ... :usa:

OP
OP
Z

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all, I will let you know if I get my orders. I really hope I get Germany, if not I will cry.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will regret it! If you cant get over here...:drive:

Are you on FB?
Send me a PM for some pictures and videos of this weekend.
We had a lot of FUN...:D :D :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to remember that there are special American Citizen Living In Europe plates or something to that tune, one would think that with those on you don't need to comply with European regulations?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all!

-Kent

Kent,

I am heading over to Wiesbaden, GE in July. My Viper should arrive in Germany in August/September, so if you haven't found anything out before then, keep in touch, I'll let you know how it goes.

I hate you guys. (replace "hate" with "envy") I spent lots of time between Wiesbaden and Bitburg, and Ramstein and other places and never got to the Nurburgring. I was mainly driving a motor pool VW transporter or Chevy van. NOT the same kind of experience you will be having !

Great country, though, and great food and beer !