July 2,3,4 Track Event at NH

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Regional President has emailed the following to everyone in our Region but I thought I would post it here for more exposure. This event is naturally open to all VCA members regardless of region.

Hello Viper Nation,

How many times have you wanted to drive your Viper to its full potential but were afraid that your actions might land you in the clink? The New England Region of the VCA has a solution for you. We have partnered with the COM Sports Car Club (COM Sports Car Club) to bring you an exciting weekend of high performance driving at one of the Nation’s premier race tracks.

COM runs events at several tracks in the Northeast and on July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th they will be at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) in Loudon, NH. This is the same track that NASCAR uses twice a year for the Sprint Car Championship although COM will be using the road course configuration which includes both infield and oval sections.

The first two days consist of High Performance Driver Education where participants learn the dynamics of performance driving in both a classroom and behind the wheel of their car. An instructor will be provided to drive along with you to show you the safe and fast way around the track. Once the instructor has signed off that you are comfortable on the track you will be on your own. The third day, for drivers that are “signed off” by their instructors and who want a little competition, consists of solo time trials where you run three hot laps on the clock.

Prices for one day are normally $225 but first time drivers with COM only pay $125. Two days will run $325 including the $100 first time driver discount and three days will be $475 again with the first time driver discount. For those that don’t wish to drive their own car for only $35 you will get to be a passenger in an instructor’s car.

The event is open to almost any car so you don’t even need to bring your Viper (although we would be glad if you did). You could bring your Toyota, as long as you’ve fixed the accelerator pedal. One caveat though, SRT/10 convertibles may only be used if they have aftermarket rollover protection. Factory roll hoops are not adequate. RT/10s must have their tops on but GTS and SRT/10 coupes can run as they are. Helmets are of course required and may be either motorcycle or car helmets with a Snell designation. There will likely be some available as loaners as well.

In order to gauge the level of participation we can expect we ask that you answer the following questions and return by email ([email protected]) or via PM.

1. I would like to attend (place an “x” next to all that apply):
a. Friday ( )
b. Saturday ( )
c. Sunday ( ) * if signed off by an instructor
d. I will bring a guest/partner ( )
e. My guest/partner will also participate in the Performance School ( )
2. I will bring:
a. My RT/10 with top ( )
b. My GTS ( )
c. My SRT/10 Coupe ( )
d. My SRT/10 Convertible ( ) * with aftermarket rollover protection.
e. A different car ( )
3. I would like to participate in the drive along with an instructor program ( )
4. My guest/partner would like to participate in the drive along with an instructor program ( )
5. I have a helmet that I will bring ( )

Thank you and Happy Vipering!

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,
Count me in. Should be a lot of fun. I live about three miles from the track so anyone interested in staying overnight and not driving back home at the end of each day (it could be a long day) is welcome to stay at our house during the weekend. Plenty of room but keep in mind major yard work assistance will be asked as a form of reimbursement. I would consider an event that weekend to coincide with members being so close by. I communicated to this to Rick but thought I would post here as well.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,
Count me in. Should be a lot of fun. I live about three miles from the track so anyone interested in staying overnight and not driving back home at the end of each day (it could be a long day) is welcome to stay at our house during the weekend. Plenty of room but keep in mind major yard work assistance will be asked as a form of reimbursement. I would consider an event that weekend to coincide with members being so close by. I communicated to this to Rick but thought I would post here as well.

Got ya down. Let's hope we get a few more.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A gentle reminder. If anyone is interested in attending the July track event at New Hampshire Motorsports Park please email or PM me. Event is open to any region.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave