So this idiot got schooled today

Lanceromance

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This coupled tried me on today in a vette. It only took me 4k in 1st gear to pass em. Afterwards I sat and talked to em..really nice people actually. Corvette guys that I've experienced seem to actually respect the Viper and all the jester is in good fun. Hey at least we all like fast cars.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you could have passed them is 6th gear with the emergency brake on. afterall, the car is YELLOW.

:omg:

:bolt:

:lmao:

:omg::omg::omg:

Wow! Throw a rock at all yellow owners!

First you say that the yellow color is tarnished by being available on a vette, and then Mr. Big here runs over us with a steam roller!

This is a tough morning so far! ;)

You see where the Yellow vette is in the picture. How do we REALLY know that the positions changed?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am torn here. I do not know how to respond. One side of me says it is yellow, so it would be the fastest. Yet on the other, my dislike for anything not Dodge brand is pretty high up there.

So, even with yellow being the fastest color, I would then be saying a vette is fast, and we all know that is not possible.

Could chalk it up to it was a SSG car and not a red Viper, so that helps....

I CANT TAKE THIS! :panic:

This is harder than pondering who I like better: Kirk or Picard! :rolleyes::rolaugh:

VENOMNS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a C6 .... Non z06. I would hope you could school him! hahaha

OP
OP
L

Lanceromance

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That pic was taken after I over took them and due to traffic concerns they ended up in front of me. I also call them idiots and then nice people cause Im trying to earn cool points..

Yes my car has only 335 miles on it and you are observant!

OP
OP
L

Lanceromance

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The real question is why on earth are you taking a picture of a 'vette, not to mention while you're behind the wheel!?

Yes I was taking a pic. I also had a bottle of gin I was drinking and my mail order bride in the trunk. Why you gotta hate?! lol

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And ... you're an enthusiast!!!

Means that you don't get invited to the places and events where the really fast cars (Vipers) hang out.

Don't blame you for not noticing that was a C5. I didn't notice that either. I also don't notice the difference between a 599 and a 308 Ferrari. Porshces also are 917s and other numbers that I forgot. Viper's are easy, Gen 1, 2, 3, 4. GTS, vert, coupe and ACR.

Just watched an IS spinning the tires on TV. "Fast is tempting" is their slogan. Fast??? It has 4 doors! Didn't even sound like a V8.

I don't care. There is a reason I prefer supercharged to stock anything (even Vipers).

Mopar Boy's Yellow car needs a supercharger to keep up to even my RED GTS. I was wondering if you'll be sc'd when you get to SLC??? I'll probably be bringing my Sapphire/Blue GTS there and everyone knows the faster cars are blue of have blue stripes.

Ted

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted, that yellow Corvette is a base C6, not a C5. Either way, not nearly enough to keep up with a 600 hp Viper.

Kinda rude to call them "idiots" when you claim they were nice people.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And ... you're an enthusiast!!!

Means that you don't get invited to the places and events where the really fast cars (Vipers) hang out.

Don't blame you for not noticing that was a C5. I didn't notice that either. I also don't notice the difference between a 599 and a 308 Ferrari. Porshces also are 917s and other numbers that I forgot. Viper's are easy, Gen 1, 2, 3, 4. GTS, vert, coupe and ACR.

Just watched an IS spinning the tires on TV. "Fast is tempting" is their slogan. Fast??? It has 4 doors! Didn't even sound like a V8.

I don't care. There is a reason I prefer supercharged to stock anything (even Vipers).

Mopar Boy's Yellow car needs a supercharger to keep up to even my RED GTS. I was wondering if you'll be sc'd when you get to SLC??? I'll probably be bringing my Sapphire/Blue GTS there and everyone knows the faster cars are blue of have blue stripes.

Ted

:lmao::lmao:

Thanks for the morning laugh

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That pic was taken after I over took them and due to traffic concerns they ended up in front of me. I also call them idiots and then nice people cause Im trying to earn cool points..

Yes my car has only 335 miles on it and you are observant!

He didn't go over 4k rpm - warranty is still valid - break in proceedure is being followed.

Lancer, at what rpm does the rev limiter kick in on a gen 4 - I can't remember.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I was taking a pic. I also had a bottle of gin I was drinking and my mail order bride in the trunk. Why you gotta hate?! lol

lol. I see IL plates on the vette. Where are you from? Join the VCA, if you are in IL, you will love our local chapter.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is harder than pondering who I like better: Kirk or Picard!
Really! Kirk is a Viper and Picard would be a Vette. Ummmm well..... Not even a Vette. More like a Beemer. Nice and conservitive and even a bit boring.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, OK. But a base C6 is equal to a Z06 C5? 400 & 430hp?

with the 'base coming with skinny tires on the rear I think a Gen 1 would beat it?

Ted

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

with the 'base coming with skinny tires on the rear I think a Gen 1 would beat it?

Ted

It would depend on what year C6 it is -some of the newer ones are a little stronger than the C5Z06...some of the older C6's are a little slower than the C5Z06...basically a driver's race.

All slow by today's standards... :D

And your comment on "skinny tires" on rear... <<< :rolaugh::rolaugh:

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This coupled tried me on today in a vette. It only took me 4k in 1st gear to pass em. Afterwards I sat and talked to em..really nice people actually. Corvette guys that I've experienced seem to actually respect the Viper and all the jester is in good fun. Hey at least we all like fast cars.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

CALLING YOU OUT ON THIS ONE LANCERMAN!!! THAT WAS SUNDAY. THAT IS MY WIFE'S CORVETTE! See that the license plate frame says "Vanessa's Corvette." You probalby did not realize we have a Viper too. She hit the gas and you would not even play...and NO, we did not talk afterwards. We saw you take that picture with your camera on Rt.59 and 75th St. You owe the forum an apology for making up this crap.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ted
Not at all.
A LS2 Z51C6 is about the same as a C5Z06. But an LS3 base is significantly faster. I ran a friend's over the weekend and it was almost neck & neck until the middle of 4th, where I started to pull away. I'm in a '99 ACR b&b cbe, catless, untuned.
A stock genI would get walked by an LS3 base vette from a roll.

CALLING YOU OUT ON THIS ONE LANCERMAN!!! THAT WAS SUNDAY. THAT IS MY WIFE'S CORVETTE! See that the license plate frame says "Vanessa's Corvette." You probalby did not realize we have a Viper too. She hit the gas and you would not even play...and NO, we did not talk afterwards. We saw you take that picture with your camera on Rt.59 and 75th St. You owe the forum an apology for making up this crap.
OWNED!:rolaugh:

now time for :eater:

Nick

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, its a small world out there. BUSTED.:lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper