Have some questions on corsa 2.5 install

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,
Im installing a Corsa 2.5 catback on my car. I had a couple questions and was seeing if anyone could answer them.

I removed the stock exhaust already, and i'm dry fitting the corsa. When I attached the resonator to the stock cat, it fits, but does not go as far onto the cat as did the stock on. If you feel or look inside the pipe, you can see the pip shrinks just a little bit. This of course will not allow it to slip on the cat any further. I was wondering if this is normal or should it sit exactly where the old resonator was on the cat.

Also, if you have done this install, any other tips? Im finishing up in the morning and have everything basically in place, but tips are always helpful.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been too long since I installed mine; so, no specific tips. I think one trick I remember is using a rubber mallet gently to help persuade the bent transition pieces to change orientation to get everything to line up right before tightening all of the clamps. As far as the slip fit, I think that as long as the inner pipe extends into the outer pipe farther than any slots cut in the outer pipe, you are OK. The farther the better; but, it just needs to seal.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are speaking of the Gen 2 system, it should fit right on. At times I have had to expand the pipes that fit to the cats a bit, but otherwise no problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950