Viper Days at Texas World Speedway in College Station, Texas

Lindsey Douglas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days at Texas World Speedway
May 21-22, 2010

TWS is truly one of the best road courses in the country. It's a 2.9 mile road course with big radius sweepers, a challenging "S" section, excellent elevation and camber changes, and of course long high speed straights. The track features NASCAR style covered garages and plenty of infield access for spectators. If you like challenging horsepower tracks, you'll love TWS.

Friday Test & Tune:
There will be a Friday Test & Tune on Friday, May 21st for Intermediate and Advanced Drivers and Racers.

Beginner Drivers:
Lapping Days for Green drivers are available on Saturday and Sunday. Classroom time and in-car instruction are provided.

Intermediate Drivers:
Lapping Days for qualified Blue drivers are available on Saturday and Sunday. Instructors are available.

Advanced Drivers:
Lapping Days for qualified White drivers are available on Saturday and Sunday.

Racers:
On Saturday there will be a 30 minute Sprint Race with two practices and one qualifying session beforehand. On Sunday, there will be a 50 minute Race with two practice sessions beforehand.

Viper Racing League
The VRL features ground pounding Comp Coupes, GT-1 Vipers, Corvettes, and other high performance, big horsepower race cars.
Race fans! Join us to watch the races and mingle with fellow sports car enthusiasts. Spend a day at the races and see how much fun a Viper Days track day can be.

Banquet Information:
Viper Days will be hosting a banquet at Pebble Creek Country Club which is located about 2 miles from the track.

For more information or to register, contact:
Lindsey Douglas
(817) 829-4893
[email protected]

or visit our website, Viper Days by NARRA

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went out with the Porsche club last weekend and tried it clockwise for about 10 laps. Man, it a whole new track. I felt like such a nube! I hated waving all those Pooches around me.

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clockwise??? I didn't know that track could be run clockwise, I've only run it and seen it run counter clockwise :dunno:

The man who built TWS told me that the road course was originally designed to run clockwise....and some of the curb placements validate this. In my opin ion, it flows bettter....but straightaway speeds are a bit higher.

I too was there this past weekend with PCA, doing advanced instruction and coaching other instructors (some of whom will also be our Viper Days instructors). Had a blast!

EDIT: here is some in car video for those who haven't run it clockwise.

YouTube - TWS clockwise

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Hopefully there was a large turnout and someone can post some pictures of this tonight.