AL/TN Tail of the Dragon '10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Update on Tail Of The Dragon (U.S.129) Closure

What??! Why? :confused:

It's the man keeping the Viper people down.................................... :(

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think there was a rock slide Mike.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Skyway is better anyway :drive:

There must be another route from PF to the skyway.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is there a meet planned like last year?

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes we are!!

"June 4 : Gatlinburg/E.TN, Friday after Memorial Day we'll be doing our 5th Annual Tail of the Dragon/Mtn cruise. This year we're going to try and incorporate a trip to a drag strip."

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes. It's June 4-6. TC is working on a great itinerary. I think on the 4th when we leave ******* Barrel, we'll be doing a route called Devils Triangle??. Sat includes, Cherahola, Fontana Village, etc. We'll keep you posted.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Chip, if we setup a time at a drag strip are we covered under the VCA insurance plan? Just wondering as my car insurance guys said they would not cover me if I wrecked on a drag strip...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just don't crash..................................................:eek:

:D :D :D

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well Mike if I had a slow car like yours then I would not have to be worried... :lmao:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VCA insurance is for liability (when signed up for), not comprehensive. Otherwise, we'd all be calling JonB for the true value of our TT/SC 1500 HP cars for the VCA to replace :D. Since we're not sure if we'll even be able to do drag strip, we'll have to go with Mike's plan in case we do. :D

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ha oh ok. Well heck! Sounds like I need to get different insurance... ha Looking forward to this weekend.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ha oh ok. Well heck! Sounds like I need to get different insurance... ha Looking forward to this weekend.

Actually, I don't know of any auto insurance that will cover you on any track unless it's written in and/or you can prove you weren't racing. Did an event in Bowling Green a couple of years ago and a guy with a brand new Shelby GT500 bounced off both walls at about 100 mph. Claimed the head gasket blew, spewed coolant, caused him to lose control and crash. But, he wasn't "racing". I don't know whatever came of his claim. Cyaford might know. Maybe he'll chime in.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bummer, I may adjust my plans for early june.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope to bring my fast one, which is soon to be my semi-fast one...............:D

OP
OP
T

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes. It's June 4-6. TC is working on a great itinerary. I think on the 4th when we leave ******* Barrel, we'll be doing a route called Devils Triangle??. Sat includes, Cherahola, Fontana Village, etc. We'll keep you posted.

Yes currently we are considering the Devils Triangle as an alternative on Friday, if the Dragon is not open - you drivers will NOT be disappointed in this choice. Saturday will be the long haul - Cherohala, Fontana, back through 441 to Pigeon Forge. Sunday, we are working on 411 drag strip.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, I don't know of any auto insurance that will cover you on any track unless it's written in and/or you can prove you weren't racing. Did an event in Bowling Green a couple of years ago and a guy with a brand new Shelby GT500 bounced off both walls at about 100 mph. Claimed the head gasket blew, spewed coolant, caused him to lose control and crash. But, he wasn't "racing". I don't know whatever came of his claim. Cyaford might know. Maybe he'll chime in.

I heard his insurance company covered him, but haven't seen or heard from the guy since, so who knows. I do know that every thread related to his crash was deleted nearly as quick as they popped up. I'm guessing a deer may have caused him to lose control and hit the concrete barrier with both sides about 2am on a lonely stretch of interstate. :D

Kinda like that shady SOB that got the cops called out because he was putting race gas in his car. :rolaugh:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope to meet a few of you guys down there. My plans are adjusted and I'm heading south that weekend. Hope you guys don't mind an out-of-towner..... The "Devil's triangle" is a drivers paradise IMO. Been there many times in a car and on a bike.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well if you are going to be around there on Saturday I say you will meet more than a few of us! ha I'm hoping for a great turnout!!

I hope to meet a few of you guys down there. My plans are adjusted and I'm heading south that weekend. Hope you guys don't mind an out-of-towner..... The "Devil's triangle" is a drivers paradise IMO. Been there many times in a car and on a bike.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Has the dates been posted in the GA or NC/SC areas? Maybe some of the Florida guys might want to come.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Maybe my lazy tail will actually get to this event....Mike, your souvenirs and kind words via Andy might be a motivating factor.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wait until you see the cool hat I sent for ya.................:2tu:

I'm thinking this week/weekend I need to get up there and see this v10 garden you've got pushing blocks up through the concrete...you free any?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heading down to the beach probably. During the week is best, just give a call. Next weekend is racing with the Florida club in Gainsville :2tu: Wanna use that car for what is was intended? :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper