Put deposit on 02 GTS need Viper Inspector in Chicago area

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a newbie to the Viper Club, but have been so grateful for all the help from Forum Members that have been so kind and generous with advice and information.
I just found my "dream" car today sitting in a dealership and put a deposit on it. It is an "02 GTS in Metallic Gray with Silver Stripes with 8486 miles on it.
The VIN#1B3ER69E62V100883 and it scored an 85 with Auto Check. Completely stock, which is what I have been looking for. I really need to have someone qualified to an inspection so that I can move forward with the sale. The car is in Sycamore, Illinois, just outside Chicago. If anyone knows of a Viper Tech who I can hire to inspect this car for me, I would be very thankful. The salesman told me that this particular car was one of the last few made in '02 and has a special engine that has 506 Horsepower, rather than the normal 450 Hp. It has a special emblem that shows this. I will try to post a few pictures. Thank you, in advance.

Robert (Treviso) Dotto

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dealer is:
Brian Bemis World Auto
1875 DeKalb Ave
Sycamore, IL 60178

Anyone know anything about them? If you have any information, I would really appreciate it. I know from reading a few threads that there are a few dealerships to avoid like the plague. Thanks again, Robert

OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more pictures.

Last edited:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice car. The HP comment is total BS though. All GTS's have the same HP rating MY1996-2002. I never understand why these guys just make stuff up, rather than just being honest, and saying "Im not sure".

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Treviso,

I am NOT a Viper owner, but that car is about 10 minutes away from me and I looked at it yesterday in my search. I'm sure you will find some great owners willing to take a look for you, otherwise you should give the guys over at Roanoke Motors a shout for help in getting it in for an inspection and any other service you want done to it in the future([email protected]). Roanoke has been nothing but awesome during my search. Good luck!!

P.S. Oh yeah, do you remember who gave you the horsepower thing? I got the same speech and called BS on them and left. I know I mentioned it to you in the PM, but it is possible the owner added that badge after modding and dynoing the car making that much hp..it just did not come from the factory like that as the dealer told me. Im sure a IL member will be here soon for ya!

Last edited:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that salesman is full of it. that badge was never put on any viper from the factory and they all have the same HP.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, Yep total Bull**** about power upgrade ;)

The company that makes those badges is called 'Zero Altitude Flight'

Thumbnails

They do some nice accessories for vipers ;)

Have you done a Car Fax search too?

Good luck with your quest, just don't believe anything this sales rep tells you ;)

Mark
:uk:

PS: looking at the pics, the tires look like Pilot Sports, They may have good tread on them but the rubber goes hard and you will slide off the road! You will need to upgrade to NEW TIRES, think about that in your purchase price ;) Tires are not cheap!

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone can order those badges made by zero altitude flight and claim any horsepower they wish. The owner was probably an honest person, simply declaring the mods he made for intake and exhaust and perhaps roller rockers. But if it has those mods it won't be the 'completely stock' car you say you are after.

The salesman being a clueless BSer should not damn the car.

This Chicago Viper Tech is 'Bill Sam' ...... I just spoke with him and he said I could give you his cell phone and he will go inspect the car. Call me if you are interested. There is no better guy to checkout the car in Illinois. Bill is near Chicago in Park Forest.

Last edited:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen the color Graphite in person but man, it sure is a great color. looks a lot like Steel Grey. Would love to see both cars side by side.

Nice find.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will love that color combo ! Looking at the pics, it is obvious that the previous owner did some personalization. Carbon fiber interior bits. Appliques on the intake casting "fins." Replacement of the stock airbox with aftermarket air filters and tubes, pedal covers, floor mats. None of which detract from the value of the car, except for maybe the carbon fiber bits, but they are easily replaced. If upgrades were actually done to match the aftermarket plate, then that isn't bad either; but, I wouldn't pay extra for them unless documented, or, the Viper tech says that it drives like it has the extra horsepower.

Jon's suggested Viper tech is certainly the sure fire way to do this right !!! Hope that it matches your expectations !

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Rob!!

Hey you're out west quite a bit, outside of our populous. But I'm sure John Gastman at Roanke can help you, he's at 800-541-6858. JonB above also seems to have a very god lead.

OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank JonB from Parts Rack for really going beyond the call of duty for me on this one. Not only does he know an awesome amount of detail regarding all things Viper, but he also hooked me up with a Viper Tech in the Chicago area who will be inspecting my car for me. He took the time to inspect many pictures and gave me an honest opinion as to the condition of the car. He's just a really cool and generous new friend. I can't wait to do business with him upon receiving my car.
Also, I would like to thank RudeDawg for hooking me up with information as well. Awesome new friend as well.
So far, so good. I will post the results of the inspection and hopefully will be able to make arrangements for transport ASAP.
Finally, I would like to thank all of my new Viper Club friends for their time and generosity in making this dream of mine come true. All of your posts and comments are much appreciated. I can't wait to join the VCA.
More to come...

Robert (Treviso) Dotto

Jbird

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Buddy what ever came about with the inspection results of this car,I'm just curious because I'm looking to purchase this same exact car..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper