New Engine Build

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I am starting a new engine build with all forge internals. Greg Good is reworking the heads and with his help he has put me in touch with Brian over at Wiseco pistons for some new custom pistons to handle the higher compression and nitrous (thank's Greg) :2tu:. Here is the list of items:

• Greg Good Heads 73 cc @ 328 cfm
  • Greg Good/Comp Cam
  • T&D 1.7 rockers
  • 3/8" Smith Brothers push rods
  • Custom Wiseco forge pistons & rings for nitrous
  • K-1 H-Beam forge rods
  • Nitrous Oulet 200 shot wet system
The old setup was good for about 550 rwhp with the stock pistons and 9.75:1 compression. I am hoping to get about 600-615 rwhp with the new pistons at 11.00:1 compression without the nitrous and about 785-800 rwhp with the nitrous.

The purpose for this build is to get to the standing mile run at 200 mph. With the old setup the car was able to do 185 mph in the standing mile. In comparrison this was faster than a stock ZR1 Vette, 911 Turbo, Ford GT, Nissan GTR etc. A lot of those cars did not even reach the 180 mph mark. I think, that with just about 200 rwhp it will take me there. I was very pleased with the car and how it did with just the heads and cam from Greg Good. Believe me this thing was just smoking any other n/a motor car outhere and some of the force induction cars aswell.

I will post all pics of the build as soon as I can download it from the camera.

Let me know of any suggestion or what you guys think. :eater:

ls2ws6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice list of parts you got there, I just built my LS motor using wiseco pistons, they are a work of art. I almost didnt want to put them in my engine

OP
OP
F

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you using the stock intake/TB's and just port matching it?

The stock bodies were ported before to +/- 60 mm. I think, that I will change them to 70 mm?

The intake had been port match by Greg Good previously.

OP
OP
F

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're in GOOD hands. Keep us posted.

Hey Plum, I still remember the last thing you wrote on my last post from my previous build, regarding leaving the stock pistons in. I quote, "You will be replacing them sooner or later"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62