Buying an 03 Viper SRT-10 next week!!!

I-fly-cobras

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to buy an 03 Viper next weekend... Any advice? Also trying to see about the Street Serpent body kit... Please send as much advice as possible!!! Thx!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As I posted in this section recently:

" I would get a Carfax AND ask a C-J-D dealer to run the VIN...match the histories, look for service records, inconsistent mileage data, or other problems...including such things as a buy-back, auction history, accident repairs, salvage history, warranty work (or possible warranty restrictions).

I would find a Viper Tech to do a full inspection AND check the history with local VCA members/officers.

If ALL of the above checks work out satisfactorily... you may have a car!!"

Have you homed in on a specific 03??

You WILL need to hold some money back to:

1. Buy NEW PS2's(I'm guessing about $1600.00) from a board vendor...and, realize that your TPM sensors in the tires are likely dead...add another few hundred bucks to the tire project.

2. Change ALL fluids.

3. Consider a new battery.

Finally, I wish you good luck in your pursuit , enjoy your Viper...and try NOT to kill yourself entering the freeway!!!

V

Venomiss

I'm about to buy an 03 Viper next weekend... Any advice? Also trying to see about the Street Serpent body kit... Please send as much advice as possible!!! Thx!
Welcome!

Mach 7 Motor Sports

Call Jeff Lemke

Also try a search here with street serpent and it will bring up many threads for you to read up on.
You are buying from? You are from what area?

OP
OP
I

I-fly-cobras

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm buying one from Panama city Ca... I live in Carlsbad Ca... Is 38000 miles a lot for an 03? And how reliable is carfax?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Not too many miles (about 5,000 miles per year)IF not abused, always well maintained, not raced, and not overpriced. Carfax has its faults, but it is a tool...to be cross-checked with a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge dealer's online computer records.

Find out the history from local VCA folks. Hope it was not a cleverly disguised "demo" or "performance" car used by Dodge or Skip Barber.

Look for signs of removel of mods...supercharger, nitrous oxide, etc.

Be deliberate and careful before you pull the trigger...then, enjoy your purchase!!!

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm buying one from Panama city Ca... I live in Carlsbad Ca... Is 38000 miles a lot for an 03? And how reliable is carfax?

I use Carfax, but realize it is but one tool you need to use to verify what the seller is telling you. For example, I recently had a "reported" accident in my truck and after a few months, checked it in Carfax, and what do I find? Not only isn't the accident there, but it doesn't even show the sale of the truck in 2007 to me!

Use an independent inspector, preferably a Viper knowledgeable tech.

Best of luck! :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave