Jack Stand Locations (SRT-10)

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to change the oil in my newly acquired SRT-10 in my garage. I started jacking up the rear passenger side yesterday, but did not see an obvious place to place a jack stand under the frame so that I could use the hydraulic jack to raise the rest of the vehicle. Is there a good spot or am I SOL with a lift?

PS. Pics would be great!

Thanks,

Bill

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use ramps for the front and jack up the rear. make sure the car is level whan changing the oil.

Bruce

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used a small block of wood at the corner of the frame at the rear to jack car up to get the jackpoints (small triangles) Hope this helps.

You must be registered for see images

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seek suggestions on a jack to use for my 09 SRT when up on the lift. Should I find a low clearance scissor lift so I can stand below the car while on the lift and crank it up? We used my buddys scissor lift from his Mazda Miata last week but I want to get my own. I want to be able to jack it up while on a lift and pull a wheel(s). FYI- The lift is a "Backyard Buddy" which I am pleased with.

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno:I sure would appreciate specific recommendations for jacking while on a 4 post lift. Do uou suggest scissor type or bottle type jack, knowing small clearance, espceially on an upswing under car? Weight capacity needed? Any specific brand of jack or jack stand recommended? I will need to lift, then jack and put on jack stands to allow me to swicth wheels and throughly clean them. No heavy maint work while jacked up on the lift, just tire swapping and cleaning. please help. :usa: :headbang:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I RARELY use a small, 2 ton bottle jack to lift one corner up while car is on a four post lift(some use pneumatic bag jack or small scissors)...and I am not particularly fond of the process. If somethings goes wrong, it can go very badly. I prefer to do wheels/brakes using a separate mid-rise scossors lift.

Another fast, safe approach is to use the four post lift to raise the Viper and remove the underbody shields...then lower frame to 4 stable jack stands, then do wheels/brakes.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I put my car up on jackstands I always remove the belly pan first, then jack it up and place the stands on the frame rails with a little piece of scrap carpet on each.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Backyard Buddy sells both kinds for their lifts. I have a BB but did not invest in either sadly.
:dunno:I sure would appreciate specific recommendations for jacking while on a 4 post lift. Do uou suggest scissor type or bottle type jack, knowing small clearance, espceially on an upswing under car? Weight capacity needed? Any specific brand of jack or jack stand recommended? I will need to lift, then jack and put on jack stands to allow me to swicth wheels and throughly clean them. No heavy maint work while jacked up on the lift, just tire swapping and cleaning. please help. :usa: :headbang: