I'm a 20 year old wanting a viper gts

robnj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can I do to get one? I make 7.75 dollars an hour in nj.
I have no credit so I don't know how I can get a loan on one.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can you do? Stop cruising the net and use the time to work a second job. Spend nothing on anything but the necessities. Save your money. Eventually, you will have enough to buy a Viper. But, don't forget. You also need enough to buy the insurance and pay for any required maintainence.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with that....

Let's see, an old ****** gen 1 with damage will run you 15k or so..running of course...

Mooch off your 'rents, save every dime... use the $s to get a good education... Let's see, stay focused and in 10-15 years or so you'll be good to go! Car notes are for fools IMO... There are more important things in life than vipers.

Oh yeah, keep the dream alive.

That is all...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi lance :D

seriously, what i tell all young guys re getting a viper - it is possible, 1 of the best car deals around

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can I do to get one? I make 7.75 dollars an hour in nj.
I have no credit so I don't know how I can get a loan on one.

Have your dad co-sign on the loan and finance it for 240 months. Sure, it may cost you a little bit in interest, but that way you can drive the car you really want. That's what I did and it's working out PERFECT!:lmao:

OP
OP
R

robnj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have your dad co-sign on the loan and finance it for 240 months. Sure, it may cost you a little bit in interest, but that way you can drive the car you really want. That's what I did and it's working out PERFECT!:lmao:

My dad has bad credit

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sound too harsh, but it's going to come across that way because it's the truth. Forget about an expensive car and going into stupid debt over it. If you're making minimum wage at 20 years old, the first thing you need to do is work your butt off by taking night classes at a Junior College and plan on transferring to a 4-year school as a Junior. You make a low enough income that, if you get good grades at the JC, you can get financial aid and scholarships to help you get your degree. From there, you need to work your butt off at your first job, get a great reputation and set yourself up for either a promotion to a better position, or great references to land an even better job. From there, your income will be at least ten times what it is today and you can buy pretty much anything you want.

I see too many people your age do really stupid things like buying a car they can't afford - and then they put the rest of their lives on hold until they get it paid off. The longer you wait to go back to school, the lower the chances of you actually doing it. If you have a big dream, use that dream to motivate you to get your education and land a job that will support your dream.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sound too harsh, but it's going to come across that way because it's the truth. Forget about an expensive car and going into stupid debt over it. If you're making minimum wage at 20 years old, the first thing you need to do is work your butt off by taking night classes at a Junior College and plan on transferring to a 4-year school as a Junior. You make a low enough income that, if you get good grades at the JC, you can get financial aid and scholarships to help you get your degree. From there, you need to work your butt off at your first job, get a great reputation and set yourself up for either a promotion to a better position, or great references to land an even better job. From there, your income will be at least ten times what it is today and you can buy pretty much anything you want.

I see too many people your age do really stupid things like buying a car they can't afford - and then they put the rest of their lives on hold until they get it paid off. The longer you wait to go back to school, the lower the chances of you actually doing it. If you have a big dream, use that dream to motivate you to get your education and land a job that will support your dream.

+1

Success is yours but you have to go get it..:usa:

Last edited:

SandViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you priced a set of replacement tires yet? I'm just saying at $7.75 that's alot of hours to cover that alone, Not to mention the 9 mpg and the about $60.00 fill up's every 125 miles. You may tottaly want to rethink this... Besides- Sad but true, the car actually picks up more guys than girls... The guys just don't stop following you. But it does do well with the women. But I tottaly agree with Martin.

Last edited:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
College is not for everyone. You do not have to go to college to be successful. So if college is not for you then I would advise you to find a job in a field that you enjoy and can move up in. Work there and learn everything about the business. Treat it like a college degree. Work your way up to where you are the manager of the business while saving money the entire time. Once you have enough saved up then start your business. Invest smartly in your business and it will pay off. Then you can buy your dream Viper. Just my 2 cents. Worked great for me.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a couple of ideas off of the top of my head:
1. Move to a state that has a higher minimum wage.
2. Start a spanking school, where you teach people how to spank and charge a lot of $.
3. Find a money tree and go there when the money tree owner is asleep and pick some money off of the tree.
4. Find a likeness of Jesus on a pickle and charge people to come and see it.
5. Start a singing career...I know you must have more talent than Lady Gag Gag.
6. Invent a phaser like they had on Star Trek and sell it to the Government.
7. Hunt down Osama Bin Laden and bring him to justice.

That's all I can think of now because I am at work and I am not paid to think much at work.

OP
OP
R

robnj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if I can't afford viper what kind of car is similar to it that cheaper?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez, Mad, Lady Ga-Ga has some real pipes if you'll just close you eyes and listen...

Carry on..

SandViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a couple of ideas off of the top of my head:
1. Move to a state that has a higher minimum wage.
2. Start a spanking school, where you teach people how to spank and charge a lot of $.
3. Find a money tree and go there when the money tree owner is asleep and pick some money off of the tree.
4. Find a likeness of Jesus on a pickle and charge people to come and see it.
5. Start a singing career...I know you must have more talent than Lady Gag Gag.
6. Invent a phaser like they had on Star Trek and sell it to the Government.
7. Hunt down Osama Bin Laden and bring him to justice.

That's all I can think of now because I am at work and I am not paid to think much at work.

HEY!!! Your taking my number 7?!?! :nono:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To do well, in the beginning, it is necessary to learn how to communicate effectively, pay your dues and take a little s**t. You might as well get paid for it. Become a plumber.

Question. You signed up on Aprill 11. What caused you to do so? Just curious.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you are in New Jersey and you are 20 years old, you could probably afford one if you stopped buying all that hair gel and orange tanning cream.......but then the chicks and your boys would dog you even if you drove a beat up viper.

2000 GTS Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Work your ass off,I bought my viper at age 24,i saved all my cash and was living with my parent's and never went to college. I put 30 k down and my payment wasn't bad at all.. Just work,work and work!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROBNJ, First of all you have a dream which is great and its nice to know you like the Viper. Dreams and goals can come true IF you set your mind to it. It does not come quick but do this if you really want the car of your dreams whether it be a Viper or something different down the road. Put a poster of the car in your room with a note on it that says, DONT GIVE UP. Now, have just 20% of your pay put in a savings account each week just for the car. This means you cant touch it even if it means going without that hot date or a weekend drunk with the boys. Dont look at the balance each week and just forget its there. It will add up quicker than you think. Its hard to do this but keep looking at your note. Make it a top goal in your life and if you really want it, it will happen.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go into the military if you don't wanna go to college...pick a good job that translates to the civilian side ( if you decide to get out). I would put the Viper on the back burner until you've established a job with a steady and desent income.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems some vette owner is pulling a lot on chains on this thread ...

Probably true, but there's some good information that's come out of the discussion and hopefully some kids who read the thread get some benefit from it.

Believe it or not, my Viper GTS (or at least the thought of getting one) was something that got me through school. I was one of those born again students who tried the working world for a number of years, and realized that I was never going to get where I wanted unless I went back to school. I took the leap in my mid twenties, and it was tough... By the time I was in grad school, I was pretty much burned out, broke, in serious debt, and thinking about bailing out without finishing. I saw a Viper at a car show, and just had to have one. I promised myself that when (and if) I got out, I'd buy myself one as soon as I could afford it. A few years after I graduated, the GTS came out and it was the coolest car I had ever seen in my life - and it became a life's ambition to get one. The day I picked up my GTS and paid for it in cash was the happiest day of my life. Just got done playing with that car a half hour ago, and it still makes me happy. Best decision of my life (both getting done with school and buying the car).

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apply to UPS. Part time work at first but it is a higher pay rate with benefits. No degree is needed and eventually you can retire with a pension after 30-35yrs. Keep your current job or apply for a higher paying full time job and do both jobs. Between the 2 you will be up to 60+hrs/week but that is what has to be done. There is no easy money unless you are born into it or are lucky.