Thread: New Viper owner in K.C. MO

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Viper Owner

Default Re: New Viper owner in K.C. MO

They were only supposed to have built about 230 Sapphire cars. We'ver got at least 6 here in the Pacific Naorthwest and Alta.

You asked for suggestions ... changed out the Cats/exhaust yet? Here's a shot of my ACR with the BBS wheels chromed ...

Sure hope you're enjoying yourself. Have you signed up for a high perfomance Driving course yet? Trust me, you'll have MORE fun and improve your driving skills.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Shanedog View Post
    Congrats on the purchase...there are tons of Sapphire cars around here now!

I just picked up my sapphire blue GTS a month or so ago, and I am also in the KC area (Overland Park). I can't wait to see the car one of these days!

-Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by goldcup View Post
    Looking forward to meeting you guys,we are going to the Ozarks this weekend if your interested
    Derek

Congrats to you also, we'll have to meet up with goldcup and stop traffic with these baby's. I'm in Raytown so have we have 3 sapphires that are very close, it's the best color in my opinion.Have you been out to Bass pro on Fridays yet I haven't.Do you have any pics. I just got home from the auto store with my new detailing kit hoping to spend Sunday in the garage.

John

goldcup

Thanks for the invite but can't make it,you driving the viper down?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by RTTTTed View Post
    They were only supposed to have built about 230 Sapphire cars. We'ver got at least 6 here in the Pacific Naorthwest and Alta.

You asked for suggestions ... changed out the Cats/exhaust yet? Here's a shot of my ACR with the BBS wheels chromed ...

Sure hope you're enjoying yourself. Have you signed up for a high perfomance Driving course yet? Trust me, you'll have MORE fun and improve your driving skills.

Ted
    Sweet looking car,How do you keep it so clean? I'm not gonna mod mine, thats the plan for now.Dose the exhaust work cause heat damage to the sidesills or rocker panels and
    the driving course is something I would like to do.
    John

Viper Owner

Actually, the exhaust modifications (mostly high flow Cats) cut the heat down considerably while adding hp and making it much more comfortable inside the car. These Gen 2s are the only Vipers with rear exit exhaust and the Corsa technitian was explaining to me that the length of the tubing mellows out the 'tone'. The other Gens cannot copy the sound because of the shortness of the piping. I recommend Corsa. I have headers, No Cats and Corsa track exhaust on my Sapphire GTS. My Red ACR has stock manifolds, higflow cats and Corsa Catback (street) Sapphire is about twice as loud as ACR. Sapphire has 708 cam and idles rough. Always getting comments on how fast teh Sapphire car sounds. Here is the link to several of my video clips so that you can hear these exhaust systems. YouTube - rtttted

Yours will be much quieter unless you install a Roe Supercharger. My Red ACR has a Paxton and the stock 'creampuff' camshaft. It idles so smooth that it does sound better quiet, lol.

A Detailing tip for your sapphire car is to use a "Pre-wax cleaner" before waxing it. A photography 'secret' for you Blue and Sapphire guy is to use the "Landscape" setting on your digital camera because that automatically enhances the Blue of the car (digital program in the camera).

It took me quite awhile to get some decent Blue in my shots, but now I have quite a few awesome pics.

Ted

Viper Owner

If you're making your wish list I hope lightweight wheels are on it as well? Mine (and Leslie's) are Forgeline VR1 Billet wheels. No longer made in these 1 piece similar wheels are available in 3 piece wheels.

VCA Member
    Midwest
    Former National President

You are all set here on the forums as a VCA Venom Member and welcome to the club. We look forward to meeting you in person at one of the KC events very soon!

Venomiss

This was the Lake of the Ozarks event from a few years ago. Sorry you can't make it John but Derek there is still time....the forecast looks good.

Enthusiast

Somehow I missed this thread. She looks great at her new home. Take good care of her and as someone else has mentioned..."respect the torque." The first time I took that car out I scared the s**t out of myself. A lot stronger than my '01 RT/10. Enjoy the heck out of her.

HERE IS A PIC OF HER THE LAST NIGHT I HAD HER OUT FOR A DRIVE.

Venomiss

Quote Originally Posted by Shanedog View Post
    Congrats on the purchase...there are tons of Sapphire cars around here now!

I just picked up my sapphire blue GTS a month or so ago, and I am also in the KC area (Overland Park). I can't wait to see the car one of these days!

-Derek
    Derek the KCVCA is still waiting for you!
    At the end of this month we have a cruise/BBQ at a local VCA members awesome garage/cruise to a car show with primo parking for VCA members.
    We'd love to have you join us and as you are a newbie the price is prorated so it will be cheaper for you to join. Call 1-800-998-1110 and find out more.

Viper Owner

Congrats ! Have fun and enjoy your new sweet ride!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2