Service Manuals on ebay

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Figured that since I recently mentioned to an enthusiast that ebay sells Viper Service Manuals (everyone should own one) and I bought a SErvice Manual a few days ago - I should post a thread.

Don't buy the "Diagnostic Manuals" unless you have the electronics/readers required. They have no diagrams and don't deal with 'hardparts'

I found several 2001 Viper Service Manuals on ebay. Price was between $29.95 and $89.95 with SHIPPING being $36.05. All Manuals were from the same seller djsmanuals. I sent an enquirey and asked if he'd be reasonable on shipping - he said $36.95.

Finally I decided that I needed the Service manual to do the ACR shocks and as a reference to help people here on the forums. I found a Service Manual from a different seller and bought it; $29.95 in good shape with shipping $7.00 (used).

I sent an email to djsmanuals and told him that I'd bought a manual from a different seller and paid $7 for shipping. Added that I wouldn't have been happy finding $7 shipping if I would have bought from him. Here's the response he sent to me;

'I AM GLAD YOU ARE SMARTER THAN BUYING SOMETHING FROM US CROOKS.

- djsmanuals'

Not very proffessional and when he called himself (I didn't) "crooks" that gave me pause - and it should cause you to pause as well.

Figure that I'd tell everyone looking for a manual to buy only the Service manual and ask JonB before getting it from ebay.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nawh, I quit drinking once I found out that I couldn't drive three times better than before I drank LMAO

Now I don't bother with the drining.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Ted LOL! I bought mine on ebay a few months ago but I can't remember who the seller was now. Some of the pages seemed to be glued together... or at least I hope it's glue.. uh

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice Ted LOL! I bought mine on ebay a few months ago but I can't remember who the seller was now. Some of the pages seemed to be glued together... or at least I hope it's glue.. uh

Is it the pages with pics of the inside of the engine or bodylines? The rear end of the GTS? :lmao: Used by a 'real' car crazy guy?

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Myself, I would have suspected the dual tailpipes or the intake dual "non-smooth" tubes? :LMAO: LMAO

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted,

I buy from eBay often, and hate seeing that crap! How freakin resonable is a shipping cost like that?? I picked up the service manual for my 2001 off eBay and found a seller who shipped the manual for $6.95. Hell, the manual was in nearly perfect condition for and was only $14.00 or so. I saw screw the "crooks" and keep shopping!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ted, I bought several manuals for my 96 on Ebay. I payed $20 each for both service manuals and about $10-15 each for the body diagnostics, power train and security system. Never payed more than $12 for shipping. I just bought a 2nd Body Diagnostic Manual for $.99 with $3.77 for shipping.

Some(not all) of the high shipping prices on ebay are an attempt by the seller to pay the minimum auction fees. Ebay fees are based on listing price and selling price. So these guys will sell a $30 dollar item for $1 and charge $30 for shipping and handling.
Then there are the other guys who try to get full price for the item and double their profit with the outrageous shipping charges.

I used to sell quite a bit of stuff on ebay. But with the constant fee increases and ever tighting restrictions, I haven't listed anything in quite a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's also a marketing scam as many people don't check the shipping until they purchased the item.

Vendor calling himself a crook was priceless so I had to post it.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's also a marketing scam as many people don't check the shipping until they purchased the item.

Vendor calling himself a crook was priceless so I had to post it.

Absolutely! I got caught with that one time, so now I pay attention to shipping cost.

The crooks comments made me laugh out loud! I least he knows what he is.

On an publications related topic, Great job in all of your contributions to the Viper Magazine.
After I read the current mag, I was joking with Maurice that he had competition for content submissions.

A couple of days ago he sent me the letter of appreciation sent out by your regional Club President. Great Job:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62