Gary Almond transport? Hars transport? HELP!

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in a pickle today. My 02 GTS FE is supposed to be picked up this afternoon by Gary Almond's transport company. I made arrangements with Gary about 2 weeks ago. However, this morning, I got a call from HARS Transport from a guy named Bruce Fortie who has a trucker named "Mo" saying that they were going to be picking up my car. All morning and day I have been leaving messages for Gary Almond to no avail and I am nervous as all hell about letting someone else pick up my 380 mile old 02 FE. The seller is Bill Sampognaro in Chicago and he is nervous too. To boot, the weather ***** and it has been raining cats and dogs. The whole thing doesn't feel right to me now. I am not trying to be a pain in the ****, but I paid top dollar for this beauty and I am scared to death that something bad is going to happen. Please help...I need advice.

Robert

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would STOP THE PICKUP!!!

Strange deal!!! Things can happen, but I would expect primary contractor to notify you before anyone chooses another option on your behalf. And, how do you know this is not a scam?? Could be legit...but I would stop the deal until you know.

You need speak with Gary ASAP...but would suggest Bill holds on to the car until this is sorted out. There are some bad stories out there on subletting transport!!!

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious to know how this turned out today for you? Did you ever hear back from Gary? I remember when my Viper was being shipped to me....I was a nervous wreck for a week!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Looks like Gary has a post on this from May, 2009:

"I've got several drivers now that transport cars for me. Just like any business that grows, there comes a time when it no longer makes sense to be a one-man band. After almost 5 years on the road full time and 680,000 miles, it was time to grow the business and get some help. Now I spend all my time scheduling and bringing in the business.

Almond Exotic Transports is very much alive!"

Suggest you call "Mo" back, and ask him to have Gary contact you to clear up the issues concerning you.

Good luck, things will work out.

OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Gary Almond and it turns out that he is currently in China and obviously didn't get my messages, but everything is fine. The car in on schedule, everything has been taken care of and the car in en route to me. I didn't know that he was using HARS Transport at times to handle his over flow and these guys handle Vipers coming out of Timball Dodge all the time. The two companies handle one another's overflow when they are super busy or it just makes sense with coordinating certain pick-ups in different parts of the country. Unfortunately, I just didn't know this going in and it made for a very worrisome day. It just freaked me out not knowing anyone's name handling my car, as it did the seller. However, I have since talked with the driver and he is on his way. I get my beast tonight. I will follow-up to this reply.

I want to thank Steve-Indy for taking the time out of his Sunday to call me (or should I say "calm me") to discuss this matter personally with me. A very kind gesture, indeed!!! Steve-Indy, you are a class act, my friend! I just never cease to be impressed with members of the VCA. This is just the best club, PERIOD!
Robert

OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 02 GTS FE finally arrived safely late last night. It is absolutely stunning:)
I will post pictures this upcoming weekend. Again, thanks!

Robert

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS, Robert..
You have a really fantastic car!!!

Glad to hear that all is well in the transport area...we now have another name for the "good list".

Viper owners are a close group...we ALL share the excitement when a new "Bsby" arrives!!!

ENJOY !!!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a Viper Owner myself. I will place my name in the hat to help other Viper Owners with Transport. Currenlty i am available to do East Coast Runs on The Weekends.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456