Hazard lights

jakestokes

Suspended
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my very first post. So if this is the wrong spot to post a question like this, please let me know. I look forward to lots of interaction with the site!

I bought my very first Viper 3 weeks ago, a 2003 SRT-10, which I absolutely love!!

So on to my question. The 4-way hazard lights aren't working properly (the only thing that failed inspection). Using my service manual, I was able to get the combination flasher relay replaced, but they're still acting weird. Both turn signals work, but when I put on the four ways, only the front passenger side flasher flashes, and it flashes very quickly. If I tug on the Hazard button a little, both of the front flashers will work and at regular pace, but neither of the rear ones work. Has anyone else come across this? The signals appear to be stock (not LEDs), and like I said, they work just fine when used independently.

Once I get this solved, I'll have another question about the FM not working on the radio, but we'll save that for a rainy day when I can't go outside :drive:

Thanks!

-Jake

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jake, and welcome to the site!

I would recommend giving Chuck Tator a call. He's one of the most knowledgeable people you'll find about this car. He can probably point you in the right direction both on the flashers and the radio. His number is 914-763-3136.

Second, there is a Viper Club cruise and luncheon this weekend. We'll be driving some fun Northern Virginia roads and heading out to the Charlestown Raceway for brunch at the Skyline Terrace. I'd like to invite you as my guest to come on out and learn about the club and have a great time with some other Viper owners. There is a thread in the VA/MD region with details:

http://forums.viperclub.org/virginia-maryland/635962-annual-charlestown-cruise-brunch.html

Please let me know if you can make it, as we have to provide the restaurant with a headcount by Friday. We'd love to have you!

OP
OP
J

jakestokes

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks a ton guys!! I'll definitely try the new switch Chuck is sending me!

Kelly, this weekend is booked up for me, but you'll definitely see me at future outings! Thanks for the invite!!!

-Jake

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper