Ted's cars for sale

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, some of my cars for sale. I posted an ad for my 440 Duster in the classifieds. Polished and fabricated aluminum engine parts, nickel plated TTI headers, plastic/aluminium Xflow rad, 2 gear sets, 500bhp and 250hp Nitrous Oxide kit getting 14mpg (US). Sounds unbelievable

440 Duster Resto-mod - ViperClub Classifieds

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZ5bo5RY2U[/media]

... or you could buy this 2000 Paxton Supercharged802rwhp Dodge Viper ACR I've been 'balancing' and perfecting for the last month or two. Arizona/Florida car with modifications done by Larry Macedo. Runs like a V8 and perfectly smooth. This car got 18.4-19.8mpg (US) depending on speed. Venom spoiler and stock chromed BBS wheels look awesome. New upgraded brakes, new tires, Corsa, new door speakers etc. Car has already been though 2 inspections! Rare (1 of 27) Red with Silver stripes. Corsa exhaust and hi-flow cats sound awesome! Ad to be posted here after approval. 24K miles

Message - ViperClub Classifieds

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZcEfAhgCA[/media]

You must be registered for see images

Ted

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you just bought it...why are you selling already? because it "runs like a V8" ? (missing on 2 cyl.s ):omg:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought the ACR to re-sell. Figured that money in the bank is wasted so I invested in another Viper. Car needed some TLC and I've been doing that. Polishing the paint, upgrading the brakes, etc. New tires, fluids. At somwhere around 26 Cars, 4 snowmobiles, 2 quads a hald dozen personal kayaks etc. I have too many toys. I remember a comment from Dave666 about my garage. With about 7 V8 engines in the corner, fenders, hoods, trans, rear axles, etc I have too much stuff. I would also like to sell all my A body stuff (440, 340, extra engines, bodies, etc). Shelby IROC R/T etc. I'll probably build another garage this year.

..."because it "runs like a V8" ? (missing on 2 cyl.s )" - Too funny, never even realized it could be thought of that way, LOL. Smoothest running V10 I've ever heard.

Ted

Last edited:

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking GTS...red with sliver stripes....my fav color combo...nice mods too:2tu:
also the Duster looks killer also

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great looking GTS...red with sliver stripes....my fav color combo...nice mods too:2tu:
also the Duster looks killer also

Thanks. The Duster took me about 4 years of solid labor (of love). I used to own a show/go shop and this is the 12th Big Block Duster I've built. Nicest stereo and interior I ever installed in an A body car. Not living in the city any longer I prefer the Viper and even the modded Stealth TT nowadys for my highway drives. I showed it for several years and now I just drive it in the Rodeo parade and a few Mopar/Old Cars shows.

The ACR I bought because although it is a really rare color it is the most popular. The Paxton is also not my favorite (Roe for me)but it is the most popular and definitely the safest because of the way the power is delivered. The upgrades I've been doing to the car since I got it home are just the ones that should have been done with the mods already on the car. I feel that with my modifications the car will be perfectly balanced while allowing room for further improvement if desired. I've been buffing/polishing the paint and the Red sure sparkles now that the old wax is getting off of the car. I've been using Turbowax to clean the old grimey wax.

New brake fluid and Ceramic pads all finished and I'll be adjusting the brake proportioning valve. Stock brakes were scary compared to my GTS. Much improved now. I'm going to try Leathertooling some ACR logos for the interior of the car thanks to one of our UK members sending me a linedrawing. If that works well I'll do some GTS logos for the Sapphire GTS too.

As you can tell, I have a problem that I love working on cars. It's too expensive for a hobby. :)

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought some 'Blue' contact cement and glue'd the ACR logo I tooled out of Harness Leather. The interior is too boring, expecailly the passenger side so I added this 12" logo. I like the looks and am thinking that a Sneaky Pete would look good on the glovebox lid.

Probably going to tool some 'Viper GTS' logos for my Sapphire car in Silver and Blue.

Car Show May 30th. I'm currently waiting for a new back-up light switch for the trans.

Yesterday I took the car to Cdn Tire store and had the Federal Inspection done. May 1st new Federal ECO import taxes took effect. I had to pay $5.00 Pre-disposal fee for each of the 5 tires and GST on top of that. $28. Near as I recall, the Gov has never disposed of a single tire of mine. Here we throw old tires into the Hole in the ground called a "Dump" and it gets buried. Fed Gov? - nope.

Ted

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ted! Your cars look awsome anyone would be lucky to own one of them.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're a sweetheart Leslie, thank you! I know that you're only slightly biased to the Sapphire one. :)

You'rs is pretty HOT too!

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First Place in 2000 and up car class with the Red ACR.

May 30 Laker's Spring Round Up Car Show. Cruise and parade laps at Thundermountain Racetrack, BBQ, Drive-in theater and Show were filmed by Shaw cable for TV.

New, spotless Z06 got second place.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed lighweight front rotors and new EBC RED Ceramic pads all around the car. Broke them in (tempered) properly on 3 hour drive to car show. All rotors turned equal color of Blue after break-in (perfect). I removed the rear brake proportioning spring and that added to the rear brake pressure increasing the stopping a large amount. Rear brakes don't lock up so Brake balance is maintained even though the braking force is much greater.

Added a couple thousand miles driving to Jasper for a small VCA event this weekend. Car performed flawlessly and after taking many pics of the car I started taking pics of the people taking pics of the ACR in ever parking lot! LOL. Caused many cars to stop and park in middle of street so the drivers could take pics of my ACR.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took the front fascia into a bodyshop for repaint. Bottom of nose was scraped up (like all Vipers) so I took it into a shop. Because it's PVC the nose is difficult to work on and needs an extra primer coat so the materials cost were as much as the entire repair for them doing it. Only the bottom of the nose is being painted as there doesn't seem to be any rock chips to fix. Repaint the bottom below the body line and clear the entire nose. I'm finishing building a polished stainless plate that fits into the ashtray and holds the Nitrous Oxide switches. The toggles have RED anodized covers and look awesome. Switches were in a custom aluminium box that bolted under the console cover and it was in the way of my leg - so it had to go. New switch location is under the E-brake handle which will protect them.

Ted

Last edited: