Thoughts On Tire Brands for my ACR

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to get some aftermarket Rims and Tires for my 09 ACR....I plan to stay with the stock rim size 18 & 19s..My question is what do you think would be the best tires to go with.? Should I get the PS2s,Nittos,something else ?...Iam looking for the best tires for the street as I will see very little track time but dont want to use the cups... My main concerns are grip and a tire that doesnt follow every crack in the road,lol As a variable Iam not overly concerened about wet weather traction. Let me know what you think..Kevin

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitto Invo's is what I run which are just as good as PS2 in my opinion. I like the thread design better too.
I just picked up a set for $1100 delivered to my door.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitto Invo's is what I run which are just as good as PS2 in my opinion. I like the thread design better too.
I just picked up a set for $1100 delivered to my door.

The Nittos are not "as good" as the Pilots..................

The are better.....................:2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 19,000miles on my PS2s. My PS1s only lasted 9,000 miles and had about half the traction. 700rwhp+ with a Roe supercharger and NOW I have enough traction in second gear that I want to finish adding another fuel system to use my Nitrous Oxide kit! You could call a tire expert ...

Hydroplaned and crashed a GTS on highway with runcraps. Driving through a thunderstorm I looked down and was going 80mph - amazing tires! Under $500 each from JonB I think.

Ted

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had Nitto Invos on our '05 since last October and they are awesome. Great price, great handling/ride, and really look good on a Viper too. Can't knock the PS2's either - just be sure to shop around for the best price.

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not a Viper owner, so I've never run PS2's, but I do know the Nitto Invo as I have those on my Charger SRT-8. They're good tires, but they're not Nitto's high-end compound, the Nitto NT-05's are the stickiest street tire Nitto makes. The Invo's are "performance luxury tires", so they're a bit quieter and more forgiving than the NT-05. I somehow don't believe the Invo's will match up to the PS2's, the NT-05 would be a closer match.

Car and Driver did a comparison of 9 summer performance tires, including the Invo, with the PS2 as the benchmark. The Invo came in 8th out of 9 tires... not sure if the others come in the right sizes, but I do know the NT-05 comes in 20-inch sizes for my Charger, so you might want to look for those.

Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Very little track time'?? Your ACR deserves a better home.:D

PS2's are a good choice. They're a good tire that heat quickly and stick very well. They also 'look right'. They're decent in the wet too. They even do a good job at the track.

Greg

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didn't C&D compare Pirelli with the Michelins? Politics (Suppliers don't have as many in stock to sell)...the Pirelli is a better tire, imo. (I have both brands on various cars in the stable.) More wear, but less performance on the Michelins.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not a Viper owner, so I've never run PS2's, but I do know the Nitto Invo as I have those on my Charger SRT-8. They're good tires, but they're not Nitto's high-end compound, the Nitto NT-05's are the stickiest street tire Nitto makes. The Invo's are "performance luxury tires", so they're a bit quieter and more forgiving than the NT-05. I somehow don't believe the Invo's will match up to the PS2's, the NT-05 would be a closer match.

I have 18"/19" Nitto NT-05s on my GTS. Very impressed so far, but I have heard some complain that they only come in 335s for the rears not 345. And the NT-05 is rated by Nitto as not as good in the wet as the Invo.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could the people running Nitto Invos tell me if the sidewall is the same size/height as the PS2s.?? I DONT WANT a low profile tire..Thanks for all the replies.:headbang: Kevin

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 cents worth,

I'd stay with the PS2 proven performance. On the high speed exotic car runs done in I believe Motor Trend Magazine last year or so, the Michelin did not fail at close to the double century mark, unlike some other high end tire company's that did.

Plus they have that mean balloon look side wall ( Nice & Fat ).

Toddy

ok 3 cents worth?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
PS2's in the C-1 sidewall configuration. There's a reason they are the OE Viper tire - they are better all around.

srt4evah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didn't C&D compare Pirelli with the Michelins? Politics (Suppliers don't have as many in stock to sell)...the Pirelli is a better tire, imo. (I have both brands on various cars in the stable.) More wear, but less performance on the Michelins.

There was a price cap on their testing, the Pirelli's must have fallen outside of that.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Car and Driver did a comparison of 9 summer performance tires, including the Invo, with the PS2 as the benchmark. The Invo came in 8th out of 9 tires... not sure if the others come in the right sizes, but I do know the NT-05 comes in 20-inch sizes for my Charger, so you might want to look for those.

Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Just FYI, Nitto of course disputes the test and your characterization of the performance of their Invos. I called Nitto the other day to ask them to compare their Invos to the non-runflat PS2s. Nitto (biased of course) stated that the Invo was at least as good as a dry, ultra performance tire as the PS2. And yes, I DO understand that the linked magazine test should be more objective. The test of course was using vehicles other than Vipers.

I called them because I am switching to 19/20 Street Tires and wanted to verify that the sizes would not be discontinued. Not sure whether the NT05 is a drag tire or a HPDE tire or both. In any event, it is not available in Viper 345s. I really like hte PS2s, but they are not availble in proper 20 sizes.

When the Invos arrive I will post my impressions. I may use my stock wheels and PS2 for any performance Driving Classes, etc.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could the people running Nitto Invos tell me if the sidewall is the same size/height as the PS2s.?? I DONT WANT a low profile tire..Thanks for all the replies.:headbang: Kevin

I have not yet used PS2's being the Invo's came with the car when I first got it. I have no complains on the performance I have experianced running them out on the canyons which can be very challenging (whiney), may not be the safest way to test them but after 8 months of driving these roads I've gotten to trust these tires without them ever breaking loose. Here are some pics on the set I just got installed this week.
INVOS 345x30x19 rear 395x35x18 fronts.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all those bozoes that compare this product to that ****! its whoever wants to annie up the bucks is who gets the wild card.take those ass wipes with a grain of salt