Thread: Torn between two cars

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Viper Owner

Default Re: Torn between two cars

Gotta love an '06. I cant get enough of my coupe. Make sure you put that car on a track where it belongs!!!

Viper Owner

Congrats on your new family member! Nice car, make sure you pay attention to the rear coming loose. It WILL, you know? My measley '01 GTS keeps me on my toes in all the lower gears, even with new rubber and warm roads. Give the car the respect it deserves and get that new Snake to a Viper Days to see what REAL performance is all about.

Has Left the Room!

Congrats man! You'll have to throw up a video of a good and easy 10 second pass when you get her to the track.

Viper Owner

Hopefully it will pull off a ten here. Our DA really sucks here is Tucson.

Viper Owner

that is one heck of a nice car!! You're gonna love the power, that's for sure. Car looks great, nice color and coupe rules...

Compliment mode off....Red is faster, roof is for sissy's

just curious, did you get the payment back wich you've made on the red one?

Viper Owner

Good choice, there's nothing like a Coupe. Your going to love it !!!!

Viper Owner

Did you buy the 06? It is listed on eBay as active auction with two bids with reserve not met. If your getting car by Saturday, you better get it picked up soon.

Enthusiast

Congratulations on your 1st Viper....you'll figure out pretty quickly why we all Love this car!

Regards,
    Aaron

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by VicTxV10 View Post
    Did you buy the 06? It is listed on eBay as active auction with two bids with reserve not met. If your getting car by Saturday, you better get it picked up soon.
    We put a large cash deposit down and sent a check for the rest. Check takes 24-48 hours to clear. Once the check clears it will be on a truck heading to our house. They have a different guy that runs the website and Ebay auctions so they said it takes a couple days for the cars to show up as sold or removed from Ebay. Either way I'm not worried about it yet.
    Last edited by Toomanycars; 05-12-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by AFL in NJ View Post
    Congratulations on your 1st Viper....you'll figure out pretty quickly why we all Love this car!

Regards,
    Aaron
    I already know why we will love this car

Enthusiast

Good call on the coupe, congrats.

Viper Owner

Got a call this morning that the car is on it's way and should be here tomorrow around lunch time. Can't wait! I'll be taking lot's of pics since I'm a photographer on the side haha.

Viper Owner

Wow, I just bought a 2000 GTS ACR with a Paxton supercharger, Nitrous and a few other tricks (Red/silver).

Too many cars? I have 26 (I think). I much prefer my 720+rwhp Twin Screw Roe Supercharged 2001 GTS over the Paxton, but ... coming from a Ford,

The Paxton (as stated) drives pretty much stock under 3500rpm. Mine is set up for only 600rwhp on the Paxton and truly serious power comes from a Nitrous kit that puts out huge torque (insane toque off idle) and dynos 802rwhp.

You made the right choice of hardtop over ragtop if you plan to go to a track. Your coupe can legally go 11.5 ET before you get kicked off the track for going to fast. The rags need a 6 point roll bar to go faster than 13s. Also not allowed to race much on road courses and rallies with a "open cockpit".

Be careful. I have a lcoal guy that just switched to Porsche "because it's slower and easier to control" after writing off his second Gen 3 convertible.

Vipers are so well built that they protect their owners with their Death. Cliff rolled his convertible 3 times over a 20' embankment and only tore up the shoulders of his leather jacket. He said he's happy it was a Viper and he didn't die because the car was that well built. But although a 'die hard' Viper guy ... he drives a Porsche now.

Congrats on getting one of the rare coupes!

Ted

Viper Owner

We already have a Porsche so there will be no switching just an addition to the car line up

Viper Owner

I'd like to recommend a High Performance driving course. I took one at Portland Int. Raceway with jonB and the CSCC. I wrote an article Published in Viper Magazine in which I tried to point out that you really don have a clue about the car's potential and/or your driving skills unless you go take an advanced driving course (or three). I don't know your location but member Leslie is an instructor and is currently instructing at mid-Ohio. You could send her a PM if interested.

Ted

Viper Owner

Yes we have the Bondurant School of High performance driving in Phoenix which is only and hour away. I'd love to attend and take a few of our cars up there.

Viper Owner

Even if you just take the beginner's HPDE and drive around the track with an instructor and take the classroom, it will at least give you an idea why race cars require a license and your driving will improve drastically.

It might be cheaper to go to the local sports car club and ask prices? Join the VCA and go to the Viper days and get help etc. from your local Viper Club. Our Nat. Vice president (MarvS.) is located in Phoenix as well as Bill Luke Dodge is a good place to talk to Eddie Martin the Phoenix Viper Tech. and local racer. Place a thread on your regions forum and get someone local to explain what's happening there.

Joint the club and the world of HP opens to you through your new friends and experts.

Ted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2