Mopar Atlantic Nats

jaxviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I attended the Mopar Nats at E Town on Saturday. There was not a single Viper in attendance. I am thankful I did not bring mine. I spoke with the tech guys who advised me that my 03 Vert would not be permitted to go quicker than 13.50. My guess is that I would have to shut it off at 1000' to no run under 13.50. Has anybody else run a stock vert without getting kicked off the track ?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the day we would have 75-100 Vipers attend that event at Englishtown(MANY different Viper only drag race classes ) .For a special event like that they looked the other way (within reason )at the roolbar rule .

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even know it was this weekend. I'm out of that loop. I wouldn't habe run but I would have driven down.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's lying, you're allowed to 11.50. Anyone that says otherwise has their head up their ass and doesn't know what they're talking about. Just ask him to show you an NHRA rulebook where anything is required ABOVE 11.50

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's lying, you're allowed to 11.50. Anyone that says otherwise has their head up their ass and doesn't know what they're talking about. Just ask him to show you an NHRA rulebook where anything is required ABOVE 11.50
I dont know for a coupe it may be 11.5 ,but a vert may be different..Either way years ago over there for the Nats they NEVER enforced it (within reason ).I personally used to run low 11s all day long for years without a bar and they never said a word.For a public test and tune (DEPENDING WHO WAS DRIVING MY CAR )sometimes they gave me 3 runs ,sometimes i ran without public time.