A/C Recharge FAIL

ddasilva99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I purchased an A/C Recharge kit this afternoon and I was unable to get the recharge kit connector to fix securely on the Viper A/C port. It seems like the A/C port on the Viper is a tad big (by 100ths of a mm) for the A/C recharge connector. The recharge kit has an adapter for older cars and it looks almost identical to the A/C port on the Viper (only a tad smaller).

Here is the kit I purchased:
Recharge Kit Link

Do I need a special adapter or do I need to visit the Dealer?

Thanks,
D

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you able to get the sleeve on the recharger fitting to slide down over the low pressure side nozzle? Was the other line in the way? you may have to move the line a bit to make sure you get fully engaged with the fitting.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
make shure you have the right line-- low pressure is the fat line wich is what you want-- high pressre is the small line wich is not the one you hook to in the kit your showing

OP
OP
D

ddasilva99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Boxer12,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was unable to get the sleeve on the recharger fitting to slide down over the low pressure side nozzle. It was as though the low pressure side nozzle was slightly big.

Thanks,
D

OP
OP
D

ddasilva99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi BlueSRT,

I believe I was going to the proper low pressure port. The Low Pressure side is the closest to the passenger seat (whereby the high pressure side is closest to the nose of the car)?

Thanks,
D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't need the dealer if just a boost

if you can return that one, the cheap ones from walmart work

look like this, though may be packaged differently:

You must be registered for see images

or

You must be registered for see images

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi BlueSRT,

I believe I was going to the proper low pressure port. The Low Pressure side is the closest to the passenger seat (whereby the high pressure side is closest to the nose of the car)?

Thanks,
D

edit*** just realized i'm not in gen II section. erased post