ABS is not working since differential change ...

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have replaced my stock differential with a 3.33 gear set. Since my ABS light is on and the ABS is not working ... I think that one of my rear speed sensor cable is gone.

I did a majic job on the differential but I screwed up things on the ABS cables. The worst is that I have no idea which side has gone bad.

I have a 2006 Viper. The ABS unit is running on DRB III protocol. The tool cost $7000 so only dealers have them.

If I replace the Speed sensor will the ABS light go off ?

Will the ABS work right away ?

Is there a majic home reset procedure ?

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i haven't had the same problem, but i did have a problem where the tone rings weren't installed on my axles. No ABS reset was necessary after the physical issue was corrected.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you say you are missing a speed sensor cable? You need all 4 sensors for the abs to function. Once everything is back together it should work. If not I had mine reset by the dealer for one hour's labor.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you say you are missing a speed sensor cable? You need all 4 sensors for the abs to function. Once everything is back together it should work. If not I had mine reset by the dealer for one hour's labor.

If you bring the car to a Dealer, try Longue Pointe Chrysler on the Metropolitain East, they are Viper friendly and the Tech Vincent is very knowledgable and likes to solve weird problems. He just won Best Tech in Quebec and finished third for Canada last year. Francois at service can give you a quick 'rendez-vous'.
Say Hello to 'ma Chérie Danika' !!

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an appointment tomorrow morning. I will see what I did wrong ... :(