Special dealers get special Vipers

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Paul, and the big thanks goes to Dodge and SRT. The program was offered to other Dealers, but only the three of us stepped up and took advantage.

This is simply another example of how proactive and progressive the new Chrysler Corp is!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Woodhouse car is cool. I guess this as close as you can come to an ACR convertible. The only peice missing from the ACR is the actual wing. That is the areo group wing. Why not mount the actual ACR wing?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Nader,

The wing on the car is not an aero wing. The car is 100% ACR, has a 21B code and the wing has been in the wind tunnel. It is different from the Coupe only concerning the different wings , as they both have to function based on the two car's shapes. It looks similar to the Aero, but is wider and has other changes.

Thanks for the kudos, but wanted to make sure you were aware the SRT Engineers burnt some midnight oil getting the car right!

Bill P
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Am very appreciative of the EXTRA EFFORTS of our Friends at SRT on this project!! I left my own flying days behind in 1970...and currently have no desire to become a "Flying Viper" in the literal sense. The extra testing on this new wing should assure that the Convertible ACR remains "fast without vertical flight"!!! :)

Blackhawk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Just curious, but did they do wind tunnel testing with the top up and down? I'm sure the aero is probably fairly poor with the top down.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Primary function was tested with the top up. It was also checked with the top down to see that it was functioning well also. Apparently the procedure was similar to when they designed the Aero Group wing for the convertible ( this is not the same wing ) , so procedures were in place.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool!

Bill, is that yellow the same as the other 2010s? Probably just the picture, but it looks a little different.