Cam Sensor went out Now the CRANK SENSOR? ***

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my cam sensor went out last week and I just replaced it today. After installing it I went out for a 10 minute drive. It ran great. Drove back to my shop and let it idle for a few seconds then it just dies. :dunno: Hooked up the tester and it is showing code 0320 which is crank sensor. :omg: Is it common for them both to go out close to the same time? Or do I have another problem? I'm just happy that the dang cam sensor did not go out again as that was a pita with a paxton system in the way!!

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha well heck. I should have it on Tuesday so we will see if anything else goes out. ha

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the crank sensor is CAKE install compared to the cam. Do it.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The problem is most likely the timing control box that modifys the cam and crank signals for timing and fueling. Feel free to call me.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had similar issues but fortunately mine turned out to be a loose connector into the PCM. Clicked it in fully and problem gone. The only reason I found it was that Dan said check the wiring to the Paxton supplied timing control (Split Second box). When I was checking the connections at the PCM, I pushed on the three big connectors that go into it and two of them were loose. Next would have been to pull the timing controller for repair. Fortunately didn't have to do that.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I changed out the crank sensor. Was NOT the problem. Still will not run and still has code. I checked the plugs and they are right. Looks like I will try and jump the split second box and see if the car will run then that should tell me if it is the box. :mad:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I changed out the crank sensor. Was NOT the problem. Still will not run and still has code. I checked the plugs and they are right. Looks like I will try and jump the split second box and see if the car will run then that should tell me if it is the box. :mad:

Did you call Dan ?

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I talked to Dan and Doug both. I am going to jump the split second box to see if the car will start. Then I will know that it is the split second box.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might have something there Chip. But I hear Nashville gets a lot of rain... j/k There is a need for a good tuner like Doug Levin and Dan DC in this around. I mean the closest one is UGR but they really do not do much with Vipers anymore. From what I hear. :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth