selling my '99 gts for $29k

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, as much as I don't like the colors of Connelly interiors I do love the Black/silver and the pics are great. Brakes are the best upgrade to do to the pre-2001 GTSs I agree.

I suggest rebalancing the tires as there is a thread on flat spotted tires that concluded recently with vibration being flat spotted tires causing vibration - rebalance - AOK.

Black/silver GTS is one of my favorite colors. Although my wife is a stripe hater, she doesn't think that Vipers are beautiful (no taste excpt for choosing me, of course LOL). :)

Good luck.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, as much as I don't like the colors of Connelly interiors I do love the Black/silver and the pics are great. Brakes are the best upgrade to do to the pre-2001 GTSs I agree.

I suggest rebalancing the tires as there is a thread on flat spotted tires that concluded recently with vibration being flat spotted tires causing vibration - rebalance - AOK.

Black/silver GTS is one of my favorite colors. Although my wife is a stripe hater, she doesn't think that Vipers are beautiful (no taste excpt for choosing me, of course LOL). :)

Good luck.

Thank you. Good tip about re-balancing. I never thought of that. Def cheaper than a new set of tires. Although for someone who hasn't driven without ABS, I'd suggest keeping these on until they learn how to brake.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you. Good tip about re-balancing. I never thought of that. Def cheaper than a new set of tires. Although for someone who hasn't driven without ABS, I'd suggest keeping these on until they learn how to brake.

I know that it's difficult to sell a car that has a shake or a shimmy. I turned down a heavily modded Roe 2001 Roe ACR because it had a shake at 70mph and the steering wheel went crazy when I got to 80 mph. Wife freaked out and when Ringgold offered to balance the tires, check alignment etc. it was too late. The wife had already freaked. Suggest that if someone test drives the car and it has a shake - borrow someones tires and wheels or a set of 26" tall Dakota wheels to prove the shake is tires. Honesty is definitely the best policy.

Ted

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You just bought it, why sell so cheap? if you got it that cheap you can use it a few years and never lose money.
By the way it's one of only 26.

well, I'd like to sell it sooner, rather than later. I'm looking to buy another summer car, and summer won't hang around forever

I also realize that this is probably around the rock bottom of viper prices, so its a good long term investment. But at 25, I don't want to settle into a long term relationship ;)

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that it's difficult to sell a car that has a shake or a shimmy. I turned down a heavily modded Roe 2001 Roe ACR because it had a shake at 70mph and the steering wheel went crazy when I got to 80 mph. Wife freaked out and when Ringgold offered to balance the tires, check alignment etc. it was too late. The wife had already freaked. Suggest that if someone test drives the car and it has a shake - borrow someones tires and wheels or a set of 26" tall Dakota wheels to prove the shake is tires. Honesty is definitely the best policy.

Ted

I'm 100% sure its from learning how to brake on stock brakes. they LOVED to lock up.

much much more balanced with this set of 4 piston wilwood rears. Haven't locked up since

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great price and I am looking for a GTS in that price but that interior KILLS it for me. Sorry but I could never see myself in a GTS with that interior. Besides I think I really want a red one to see if the hype is all its cracked up to be.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woffle, don't listen to the morons who don't want it b/c of interior color or any of the other negative opinions, it's a beautiful car at a very fair price! You say you want a vert, why don't you find a vert at a dealer and just trade it? If you are willing to take 29k on the street then you can lower that with a dealer by let's say 2k with the tax credit on a trade and I would think a dealer would pay 27k all day long! Their are a lot of verts or even R/T 10's out there for sale, that what I would do! What do you think of this approach?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woffle, don't listen to the morons who don't want it b/c of interior color or any of the other negative opinions, it's a beautiful car at a very fair price! You say you want a vert, why don't you find a vert at a dealer and just trade it? If you are willing to take 29k on the street then you can lower that with a dealer by let's say 2k with the tax credit on a trade and I would think a dealer would pay 27k all day long! Their are a lot of verts or even R/T 10's out there for sale, that what I would do! What do you think of this approach?

Why would you say someone is a ***** for not wanting to buy a car because they don't like the interior? :dunno: I had to go back and check but NOBODY said that it isn't a great car at a great price, just that the interior makes it a no buy for some. I wouldn't buy a green (with exception of SSG) viper either because I don't like that color.

Last edited:

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you say someone is a ***** for not wanting to buy a car because they don't like the interior? :dunno:

It was a general statement, not meant to be personal! I do believe though as CitySnake said if you don't have something good to say then do say it!!

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dealers are out to make a quick buck, I'd never sell my baby for $27k

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealers are out to make a quick buck, I'd never sell my baby for $27k

What I'm saying is if you buy a vert from a dealer and trade your car for let's say 27k and your tax rate in PA is 7% then it would be like getting $28890 with the tax savings, 7% of 27k is $1890 but I don't know PA's tax rate! I'm also not saying they would give you just 27, who knows a dealer might give you 29 for the car plus the tax savings puts you ahead of the game!!

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I'm saying is if you buy a vert from a dealer and trade your car for let's say 27k and your tax rate in PA is 7% then it would be like getting $28890 with the tax savings, 7% of 27k is $1890 but I don't know PA's tax rate! I'm also not saying they would give you just 27, who knows a dealer might give you 29 for the car plus the tax savings puts you ahead of the game!!

that sounds like good advice worth looking into. plus there are several site supporter dealers that could possibly help you find just the right car you are looking for at a better price and would know the value of the rare combo you have.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that sounds like good advice worth looking into. plus there are several site supporter dealers that could possibly help you find just the right car you are looking for at a better price and would know the value of the rare combo you have.

Good point! I just realized we don't know if he is looking for a Viper vert or any vert but if staying in the Viper family then your statement bodes very well for him making a solid transaction on both ends!!

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, but I'd rather deal with private parties. I don't wanna get underpaid on the trade, and then overpay on the purchase.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh, and if anyone's short on cash, you can finance it for 3.99% through penfed.org

thats what I did =)

2000acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh, and if anyone's short on cash, you can finance it for 3.99% through penfed.org

thats what I did =)

Pm'd you- and can anyone use penfed?- what their membership fee if your not government? Usually cars older than 03 you get 3 years at 11%- crap rates.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the Ebay completed listings there is a blck no stripes cognac with 27,500 miles with a salvage title that went for $29k even on Tuesday..

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Pawn stars! :2tu:

Ever see the episode where they refinished the Shelby Cobra with the B/W paint job?

actually its the demand for YOUR car.

For example, i have a buddy that is currently looking for a GTS.
I have been pushing him to go take alook at your Viper since your within driving distance. He isnt even considering it. Why? He thinks the silverstripe is a bad combo because it makes the black look dull, and thinks the interior *****. I tell him for this price he can vinyl over the stripes and swap the interior. He wont budge, says there are plenty of other Vipers on the market and he'll just wait for the right one for him to come up. I don blame him.

This is a Great deal IMO, well Below market value. But just because you are below market value dosnt mean you are going to find a buyer quick. There are many collectibles(such as Vipers) that have a very limited buyer base. You watch PawnStars??? Sure the item might be worth ***, but you aint getting *** untill you locate a buyer, and simply lowering the price isnt necessarily going to find a buyer any quicker. Pawnstars is a cool show...:)

goodluck with the sale.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pm'd you- and can anyone use penfed?- what their membership fee if your not government? Usually cars older than 03 you get 3 years at 11%- crap rates.

Yes, I used it too and got 4.99% back in 2008 on mine. Just call them up and talk to them, they will explain everything you need to know.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one actually LOVE that interior, and if I hadn't lost my job 3 months ago I would be giving you a call :(

Beautiful car and a great price. If you still have it next month, I'll get back to you. Getting married and maybe I'll get enough wedding money. :p

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's your car and you are obviously going to do whatever you want, but I can't help but cringe when I see how cheap you are selling it for. Every time someone sells a Viper for cheap money, it's going to give everyone the impression that they can find a low price on a Viper if they look around long enough. I guess that's a good thing if you're in the market to buy, but in the eyes of someone who owns one, it's kind of like a slap in the face. Most likely it will affect the value on the car for everyone who owns a Viper down the road if they keep getting sold for such cheap money.

When people see or think of a Viper they think of the car being worth a lot more then what they are being sold for nowadays and in reality, that statement doesn't seem so true anymore and it's sad. :(

You, my friend are selling a car at a ridiculously low price... And with no disrespect...I hope no one buys it from you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are very few "great deals" on used cars. There are, however, what seem like extremely low prices.

You normally get what you pay for and sometimes less than that. Great deals can only be determined by the buyer after the fact.

I don't want to have any money in a credit union that offers 3.99% for 60 months on an 11 year old car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth