Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't want to have any money in a credit union that offers 3.99% for 60 months on an 11 year old car.

thats how they differentiate from other lenders. They valued my Viper at $40k. And whats so bad about getting a 3.99% 60 month loan for the consumer? Frankly, I think its badass, and makes these cars a lot more accessible

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Pawn stars! :2tu:

Ever see the episode where they refinished the Shelby Cobra with the B/W paint job?

No I havnt and that ****** me off because it seems like evertime i flip to that channel i see a freekin re-run. maybe i should just start DVR'ing it so i can pick and choose episodes.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's your car and you are obviously going to do whatever you want, but I can't help but cringe when I see how cheap you are selling it for. Every time someone sells a Viper for cheap money, it's going to give everyone the impression that they can find a low price on a Viper if they look around long enough. I guess that's a good thing if you're in the market to buy, but in the eyes of someone who owns one, it's kind of like a slap in the face. Most likely it will affect the value on the car for everyone who owns a Viper down the road if they keep getting sold for such cheap money.

When people see or think of a Viper they think of the car being worth a lot more then what they are being sold for nowadays and in reality, that statement doesn't seem so true anymore and it's sad. :(

You, my friend are selling a car at a ridiculously low price... And with no disrespect...I hope no one buys it from you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

+1........

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same car and would never sell it for that. Anyone that complains about the interior hasn't seen it in person or on that color combo. Against red/sil/graphite I would say it's not as attractive, on black it looks great and is much cooler than black in the hotter areas

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats how they differentiate from other lenders. They valued my Viper at $40k. And whats so bad about getting a 3.99% 60 month loan for the consumer? Frankly, I think its badass, and makes these cars a lot more accessible

I agree. It is badass for the borrower, kind of like subprime no money down home loans were for the borrower. When prices went south, they could just walk off and give the house back with little money in the game. For the lender or the depositor whose assets are being lended, maybe not so hot.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I havnt and that ****** me off because it seems like evertime i flip to that channel i see a freekin re-run. maybe i should just start DVR'ing it so i can pick and choose episodes.

Don't worry, it's not a new episode....I saw it back in February I believe.

Summary*****

Some guy found a body of a shelby cobra stripped, and when no one picked it up claiming it was theirs he took it and managed to get full possession on it for free. When he brought it to Pawn Stars, they brought in one of their experts to see if it was in fact a real one. When the expert came in, he looked it over and confirmed, it was in fact a real cobra which the guy managed to claim for free....... The expert said the body alone could sell for upwards to $65k. Pawn Stars I believe ended up making him an offer for $30-$35k in cash, which the guy eventually took since he wanted more obviously since the expert said it was worth more. They then took it to a place to have it restored. Completely new engine, interior, wheels- basically all parts and accessories and beautiful B/W paint job. When all was said and done they managed to save Pawn Stars some cash by upgrading something over something else.. I don't remember exactly, but they said when it was completely restored he could demand over 100k for it. It was a good episode :2tu:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same car and would never sell it for that. Anyone that complains about the interior hasn't seen it in person or on that color combo. Against red/sil/graphite I would say it's not as attractive, on black it looks great and is much cooler than black in the hotter areas

I agree, I've always liked cognac interior and think it would go well with any dark colored car... black, blue, sapphire, gray.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just steering wheel that puts a damper on the Cognac. Has anyone wrapped the ring in black to see how it would look...
You must be registered for see images

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I think the steering wheel would definitely look better all black. By the way, the shifter and Ebrake should be the same color.. I think that looks awkard with them both being different.... I'm assuming from the picture its the First Strike MGW shifter..

It's just steering wheel that puts a damper on the Cognac. Has anyone wrapped the ring in black to see how it would look...

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
check out the tight panel gaps on the headlights

You must be registered for see images attach

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not sold, so you raise the price? huh? If you advertise a price, you at least have to honor that price. To raise it back up, just looks foolish.

Keep it at 29k, just stay firm. you'll sell it. just my $0.02

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not trying to debate what the car is, or is not worth. But he is obviously willing to sell it for $29k or below. At least stick with that number.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, raise it again to $35K, maybe even $40K :2tu:

I did not even get to the credit union and the price has gone up?:omg: So much for going there tomorrow. Took the day off and everything.

Maybe I should just wait a year and get a Gen 4 with the extra cash I will have.:dunno:

njred

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got a salvaged black steering wheel and think it really cleans up the cognac interior. Best $100 I have spend on the car

Sweet car by the way Roffle :2tu:

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black steering wheel does make a big difference but not enough for me.

nice job though !

01_VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow. that's just crazy cheap for a 99 GTS.:( especially black/ silver. One of my FAV at all time.
32K is still low in my opinion. Price for one of this should be @ 36K easily.

This should sell Fast.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** kind of shift knob is that:confused:

I got a salvaged black steering wheel and think it really cleans up the cognac interior. Best $100 I have spend on the car

Sweet car by the way Roffle :2tu:

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
please make a seperate thread for that car.

My price is $32k, negotiable

I agree, looks great with a black steering wheel! (Im already including a black shifter)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price raised back up to $32k
but I'll entertain offers

Roffle Waffle ?? Moving the price around .... at least the name fits :lmao:

When "was" the price $32k ??

If I were interested ... and now you change the price .... and other statements you made in this thread.....I think I would keep on looking. How old are you again ?

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roffle Waffle ?? Moving the price around .... at least the name fits :lmao:

When "was" the price $32k ??

If I were interested ... and now you change the price .... and other statements you made in this thread.....I think I would keep on looking. How old are you again ?

I changed the asking price based on the comments here. People were complaining that its too low, so I raised my asking price, which is negotiable. capish?

2000acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, you must not want to sell very bad- I emailed you first with a generous z06 trade/cash offer-no response

I also pm'd you a cash offer 94% of what your asking. - no response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper