2006 Coupe Blown Rear Shock with 18k!

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was changing the oil and looked over to the back wheels and noticed a lot of oil in the RR wheel. I noticed that the passenger rear shock was covered in oil. My shock is blown at 18k miles! I called the dealer cause I have the extended warranty and they will not cover it because it's a wear and tear item, bull****. I have never tracked it. Has that happened to any of you guys?

Anyone know of a place I can buy struts that don't have a 800 markup like the dealer?

Is 2008-09 suspension better then the 2006? Anyone selling any?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a pretty common problem for the Dynamaic shocks, a tiny amount of leakage is ok but anymore than that and its a problem. I stock these shocks at a very reasonable price.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Dan said common issue. I'd replace with a different brand personally. All four of them.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If you cant get it covered under warranty, I have one that I took off my Street Serpent with only 1900 miles on it that I'd make a pretty good deal on. PM me if interested.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to a different dealer and show up wih the car! Not all are equiped to even spell the word "Viper".

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a pretty common problem for the Dynamaic shocks, a tiny amount of leakage is ok but anymore than that and its a problem. I stock these shocks at a very reasonable price.
How much? Is it the full assembly with coilspring?

Go to a different dealer and show up wih the car! Not all are equiped to even spell the word "Viper".
We don't have many dealerships in Dallas, Tx. Unless any of you have recommendations. I go to Dallas Dodge.

Like Dan said common issue. I'd replace with a different brand personally. All four of them.
Which brand would you recommend?

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shock should be covered if you have the chrysler warranty like chuck said

The person who I purchased it from bought the car from moss bros dodge, in San Bernardino, CA. He had purchased and Extended warranty from that dealership, He paid close to 3000 for it. But it looks to be a aftermarket warranty by the name of First Extended Services Corp. It has a 100 deductible. Does Chrysler have their own warranty company or do they go through this company? Well, after I purchased the vehicle I had the warranty transferred over to my name. The back of the sheet says front suspension but nothing about rear. I need to take into a dodge dealership.

Anyone have experience with any other dodge dealerships in Dallas, TX. I am not going to Dallas Dodge, my service adviser there left and they assigned me to a total ****** who overprices me on everything like a rear fluid diff change for 200 bux, after my last adviser said 120.

V

Venomiss

Why not try someone from your area to call or email for a referral?
Betting someone has done business with a local dealer there.
Also sent a PM with another idea for you too.
Club Info

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not try someone from your area to call or email for a referral?
Betting someone has done business with a local dealer there.
Also sent a PM with another idea for you too.
Club Info

Thanks for the info I tried logging into that club but there isn't a forum there to ask anything. That Site is really hard to use.

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i got a 05 with 30k

could use new shocks.

anybody got any nice take-offs they wanna sell?

ds2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there, just stumbled onto the thread. I too have clear liquid leaking from my rear shocks. My 04 has approx 32k miles & am in need of new coilovers. Can you please let me know where the best place is to pick up a new complete set?
Thanks in advance,
David

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We carry these shocks new and used. A small amount of leakage is normal according to the service manual. Anything more than weepage is not good.

ds2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there, I was just looking at the posting and I too am having the same problem w/ my 2004 SRT-10 except that 1 of my fronts & both rears are leaking. Do you still have your old take offs that you might be willing to give me a good deal on or direct me to someone that might sell them.

Thanks in advance,

David

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes,
I should have a set of used or new for a good price.

Dan

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually kind of funny that both parties involved PAY NOTHING to support the site "That came through for them" :rolleyes:.

The contribution to this site from me is that I actually posted on the site, by posting this problem I have helped others. I was also going to post pics of changing the shock myself. Everyone contributes in a different way that's how sites like this gain more users, it's because of the valuable information that people post on to these types of sites. By posting my problem I have opened a "Forum" for others to respond and find resolutions. So don't bug me about paying member fees and stuff.

How do you think sites like youtube, facebook, and social media sites make it big, when its all free, not by membership fees, thats for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456