10,000 for VIO attendees AGAIN!

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how many people signed up to spilt the 10,000 bucks that the KCVCA is giving back to its members to attend VOI 11?????? SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of about 5 to 10 from the Omaha area. We are going to shore that up on Tuesday.

Bruce

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the club doing this ?? Is this for real ?? A club shouldn't reward people especially for personal travel, give it back to the national club and/or give it to a charity, when individual members benefit from the club's treaury, this is the start of a slipper slope....if the state's club wants to pick up some appetizers one night while at VOI, that maybe about the max...just my $.02

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the above is a joke. Look up the definition of the word "inurement" on the IRS website.

Last edited:
OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did is for VOI 10 and now again for VOI 11. Give it back to national, this is money raised by the KC members for the local club. It is going to its members, you guys kill me. Now we just need to know how many are going, would did I need to call at VOI Headquarters :)

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the club doing this ?? Is this for real ?? A club shouldn't reward people especially for personal travel, give it back to the national club and/or give it to a charity, when individual members benefit from the club's treaury, this is the start of a slipper slope....if the state's club wants to pick up some appetizers one night while at VOI, that maybe about the max...just my $.02

Isnt the members of a club suppose to benefit?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The short answer to your question is "No". Please look at the data I mentioned. The VCA is a nonprofit entity and has a tax exemption. That exemption can be jeopardized by inurement. However, if, by your post, you mean that the local chapter, through local member contributions, is sending money to the national chapter to help subsidize the event in general without a subsidy to particular members, you may be OK. The fact that something was done before is interesting but not proof that what was done in the past was correct.

Perhaps Lee and/or Chris should do a quick check with the VCA accountant on this issue after you provide Lee and/or Chris with the precise facts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper