Front brake pads?

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this was talked about many times, I have looked at search results dating back to 2007, but still not sure what pads to get?
I am looking for street use, fast stopping pads for my 1994 Viper. I don't mind the noise, but cannot stand the squick.
I was thinking about:
EBC Yellowstuff

or

Hawk HPC Ceramic Performance Street Pads

Which onese should I get, or there is something better?

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hawk HPS work well, if you want stopping power, I'd stay away from anything ceramic though.

I just put on the Hawk HP plus composite pads about a month ago, they stop pretty good.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm actually running a set of Thermoquiets in the front and Greenstuff in the rear, and I've been very happy. Stops great and no noise.

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBC Reds have been fine for me. Many complain about squeeking or other noise. I haven't had any issue. I did install them with the stick 'disc brake quiet' sprayed on the back of the pads.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind the noise, but cannot stand the squick.
I was thinking about:
EBC Yellowstuff
or
Hawk HPC Ceramic Performance Street Pads

Those are in 2 diff catagories like comparing apples to oranges.

Compare Street Pads to Street Pads, or Track Pads to Track:2tu:

EBC's Street Pads - HPS, HPCeramic
Hawk's Street Pads - Green, Red

EBC's Track Pads - HP-Plus
Hawk's Track Pads - Yellow, Blue

if you "cannot stand the squick" id say stay away from running any race/track pad on the street.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put Brakeman #3s on my fronts a couple weeks ago, and did 1 full track day at Autobahn with them. Didn't notice a whole lot of difference between these and the OEM Brembos for stopping power. They didn't squeek at all though. Just my 2 cents...

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BM 3s wear pretty fast. I've used them up in 2 weekends. I have PFC 01s on mine and have 9 or 10 track days on the same pads and ST 1-piece slotted OEM replacements.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used EBC greens on my 95 for the last 20k miles. GREAT stopping power and low dusting. Very happy with them. Used high temp disc pad grease found at most auto supply houses on back of pads - no squeeks. NOTE: EBC greens are not recommended for autocross or track use.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have EBC yellows with EBC slotted rotors recommended by John B . Toms 40mm rears. GTS gen II. A BIG DIFF OVER STOCK .. They squeak, EBC says it should stop after 1500 miles and also reach their full stopping potential . The harder you stop the less they squeak . No more dust than stock. more or less...:2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets