Nitrous Oxide switches

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I bought my 2000 ACR it came with a Nitrous Oxide switch box that was loose on the floor. The switchbox was designed to be mounted to the console under the console pad/cover. When I prepped the ACR for the car show I loosened the screws and replace the switch box back beside the console. I did interfere with my leg space and if I relaxed I found the box annoying. It didn't fit into the 'look of the interior so it looked best laying on the floor.

Since I quit smoking several years ago, I decided to replace the ashtray with a switch box. Since the ACR has a new ashtray I decided not to chop that up and build a replacement plate to hold the switches while leaving enough room for the wiring under the console cover. I decided that the ACR was Red/silver with Black interior. The expensive switches mounted in the switchbox came with snap-on protectors that were coated with what looks like Red Chrome! I figured that using a piece of .040" Stainless Steel would give me the strength needed for a mounting plate while looking good. I spot welded a 'hook' along one end and using a screw welded to a small plate on the other end of the switch mounting plate. This allows easy installation and removal of the plate. Stock means just spin the screw 65 degrees and lift the plate out, push the original ashtray back into slot and it's origianl again! My new SS plate mounts just below the ACR brushed ID plate. A huge improvement and much cleaner look to the interior of the car. The Emergency Brake handle is over top of the switches and protects them from 'accidents'.

You must be registered for see images

Installed in ACR

Ted

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, the idea was to get away from things sticking out of the console and banging around on the floor (perfection?). Color co-ordination worked out well and I had it in mind that if the colors wer WRONG, the plate could be painted Black as a last resort. Now I'll convince the wife to make me some labels that can stick onto the switch coverplates.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2 cupholders actually. Other clip-on holder is in the back.

Being a coffeeholic I need my 'fix'. After 'testing' a Z06 my coffee flew around my car making a huge mess and scalding me. Now, cupholders! Shortest drive I do is 400 miles. Not a 'city' car.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
switches look good cup holder looks horrible. luckily the come out

id never buy a viper with a cup holder !

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cupholder brackets are held in place by the screws that hold the radio. Other than rear spoiler car can be put back to stock with minimal amount of effort.

I like the Nitrous Switchplate looks as well. Does that mount recessed?

Ted

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya it looks pretty much like yours from the top this is all you see...

and it kind of hooks from the bottom. crappy picture

Your switches are better quality as these are cheap plastic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flatterers! I thought the Stainless finish would match the ACR signature plate directly above it. You're right about the switches. Macedo used high amerage switches. I some of those round switches - they work nice for light applications. Yours are used to control a relay, right?

The covers are awesome in preventing accidents and I installed the purge button on the inside so that it's also hidden and protected.

Ted

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yours are used to control a relay, right?
Ted

Ya mine go to a gauges that control the relays that have a safety cut out
if the fuel pressure isn’t between 52 and 55 psi, TPS is at 4 volts for wot,
A/F has got to be between 11.2 /11.9 ½ sec delay and nos bottle pressure is
between 950 to 1050 and the rpm Min limit is 3,000 Max 6,100 or the system shuts down.
Bottle opener Active on Switched power. Pitty they dont make my gauges anymore.

Nitrous outlet is supposed to get in another gauge that will do the same stuff but just not look as fancy. It might not even look like a gauge im not sure, you probably have your setup anyway.

If you worked on it sooner i would have had you make 2 so i could have the same. :2tu:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine was all set up with the Split second tuning box to work with the Paxton set-up. Built for plug-play, fill the bottles (I have a C02 intercooler Chiller System) turn on the switches and away it goes.

My ACR has a digital tach/shiftlight and a methanol injection LED. It has an XM sat radio (nupaid) that I tucked inside the passenger knee bolster so the interior looks clean and (other than the cupholders) not much different than stock.

Macedo mounted the pumpson the frame, under the car with the Snow **** injection pump. He replumbed the windshield washer tank for the Methanol so the car retains 'some' of that stock look.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32